1Password version 7.1.2 won't update

Options
lindan
lindan
Community Member

I have 1Password version 7.1.2 on a standalone licence, syncing my vault via Dropbox.

If I use the "Check for Updates..." selection under the "1Password 7" menu to check for updates, it tells me "You are up to date ... thank you for running the latest version of 1Password!" - yet on the agilebits website the latest version appears to be version 7.2.1.

Why doesn't my app tell me about the new version? Is there some major difference that would happen if I updated that I should know about?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    edited October 2018
    Options

@lindan,

We are currently holding back 7.2.1 from the auto-update mechanism for users on 10.12 and 10.13 for a little bit longer. Safari 12 is a hard requirement for 7.2, so we're giving people some time to upgrade to Safari 12 in advance of releasing 7.2 to 10.12/10.13 to lower the likelihood of problems.

If you already have Safari 12 installed then you should be fine to manually install 7.2+ via the https://1password.com/downloads page

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

@akent35 - again, "Check for updates" isn't "not functioning properly," it's a strategic slowing of the rollout of version 7.2+, for reasons I explained in the other thread you brought this issue up in, and rudy just explained above, also. It is functioning as intended.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@akent35 - well, "functioning as intended" sort of implies there's nothing to fix...but again, as I mentioned in the other thread you opened on this topic, we'll likely be switching off the delay in a while. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@akent35 - I'm not sure what you mean; it is not broken. I've already explained the delay, and you've already manually upgraded to the current version. I'm not sure what else there is to be gained by continuing to ask the same question.

• Ben
    Options

@akent35

As we’ve explained a few times the check for updates feature didn’t work as you expected here because we’re doing a staged rollout of the v7.2 update. It’ll offer you v7.2 when we feel it is appropriate to offer that version for the operating system you have installed. If you want it now you can download it directly from our website (as you’ve noted already that you’ve done).

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@akent35 - asked and answered already. "Working as intended" not coinciding with "working as you anticipate" does not mean the feature is "broken."

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@akent35 - as rudy, ben and I have all mentioned in multiple threads so far, we will be reassessing the advisability of re-establishing auto-updates for 10.13 folks either this week or next, and Sierra folks a little later. :)

This discussion has been closed.