resetting default 1Password mini shortcut BUG

Options
chrisfrisina
chrisfrisina
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Hello Agile Devs, Long time friend, user, and promoter!

I am not sure if this bug entirely rests with the AgileBits devs, as it might also reside on the Apple OSX devs.

I tried to change the shortcut to open the mini from control+alt+\ to something else. I didn't enjoy the combination, so I wanted to change it back. Trying to change it back, I tried, but I get the following error: 'The Key combination Command+C' can't be used

I installed KeyRemapper4MacBook, and looked at the keys being pressed, and sure enough, when pressing Command + alt + \ it shows that I am pressing command + alt + c + \ thusly command + c. If i try this key combination in other programs, sure enough it copies the selected text.

I tried uninstalling 1P and even deleting the files, but somehow it is remembering the setting when I install again. Bummer :(

Can you all have a Restore Defaults button or some other functionality that checks that when I press command +alt+\ that it is not exactly the same as command+c?

Reproducible all all machines running OSX Mavericks.

Comments

• tgm
    tgm
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm this issue on rMBP Late '13 running OSX 10.9.1 With 1Password installed from app store

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrisfrisina and @tgm,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! This bug is already in our tracker, and our developers are looking for a solution here. I do apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately I don't have much more information on this right now, but I've added a vote to the issue to let the developers know that you are keen to see a solution :)

• jwc
    jwc
    Community Member
    Options

Are you running Alfred? I was having my machine beep every time I hit Opt-Cmd-\ (unless something was selected), so I changed the 1P shortcut and it stopped beeping. So I tried changing it back and had the same problem resetting the shortcut, with the key combo error you show above.

So I quit Alfred, as I was wondering if maybe it was one of the other behaviour-modifying apps I was running, and the conflict went away.

It appears to me that something with Alfred is mapping Opt-Cmd-\ to Cmd-C; I'm not sure what yet, but I'll update if I figure it out.

For reference:

• 1Password 4.1.3 (413002)
    • Alfred 2.1.1 (227) with the Powerpack

I hope that helps track down the bug (it may be an Alfred bug)

• jwc
    jwc
    Community Member
    Options

I found the culprit in Alfred, not long after, under the “File Search” feature:

If you click on the offending shortcut at the bottom on hit backspace, it'll just remove the Alfred shortcut and then 1Password will happily allow you to restore things to sanity.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jwc,

Thanks for the details! I was able to reproduce this error when ⌥⌘\ was being used by Alfred. I've added this information to the issue that's already in our tracker.

• tgm
    tgm
    Community Member
    Options

this was the case for me and @chrisfrisina‌. @jwc @chrisfrisina‌ wants to, "buy you a steak dinner" let him know if you head toward Blacksburg, Charlotte, or if this week you're in Vancouver.

• jwc
    jwc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys, glad I could help. I'm a bit of a distance away (one ocean and most of a continent) so I'll have to call a miss for the time being :)

• Humsweet
    Humsweet
    Community Member
    Options

I want to know if this bug was solved or not. Cause I have this issue now.
    Ironically I'm writing a review of 1Password now.

• Hi @Humsweet‌,

Do you happen to have Alfred installed? Perhaps it is the hotkey conflict mentioned above?

• Humsweet
    Humsweet
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @chrisdj‌

Thanks for your reply, I already solved this issue.

• You're welcome, @Humsweet‌! Glad to hear it's taken care of. Good luck on the review!

This discussion has been closed.