Cannot prefill credentials with Chrome basic authentication dialog

Options
carpii
carpii
Community Member

I have various sites which prompt for username/password using HTTP Basic Authentication (ie Chrome shows a popup dialog)

1Password extension is able to detect the domain and show me the correct login, but does not seem able to populate the dialog with my credentials.

Ive just upgraded to Mavericks (and thus from 1Password 3 to 4).
I dont recall 1Password 3 having the same problem, but its possible. I dont think its a limitation of Chrome though, since Wallet is able to populate it fine.

Can confirm I've read the knowledge base regarding problems and am not running any extensions which are likely to interfere with it
Is this a known issue with 1Password 4?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carpii,

As you've discovered, 1Password 4 doesn't support filling with HTTP Basic Authentication popups (nor does 1Password 3). There's more information in these topics: here and here. Please let us know if you have other questions about that… or anything else. :)

• carpii
    carpii
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk, thanks for the reply.

I thought 1Password 3 did handle basic auth, but I guess I must be mistaken.
    Clearly its a desirable feature, I'm guessing your devs have not yet found a way to provide it in a clean/robust way.

Just incase your devs dont know, I did find that Chrome issues a javascript event when its about to prompt for Basic Auth.
    It seems like this could possibly be hooked into 1Password extension

More details in the first answer here.. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3902411/avoid-http-auth-popup-in-a-chrome-extension-digest

They probably already know about it, and maybe it doesn't help, but just incase... :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carpii,

Thanks for the followup and link. I've noted this in our internal request tracker for the developers to see. :)

This discussion has been closed.