iphone dropbox stuck on "Please wait. Downloading encyrption keys..."

Options
tsomo
tsomo
Community Member

Hello...I installed 1Password on my home and work macs, and they are syncing to dropbox successfully. I've installed on my iphone (5s ios7.1.1), and I'm able to see and select my keychain, but the app keeps circling with the message "Please wait. Downloading encryption keys..."

I've tried deleting and recreating the keychain file and directory on dropbox and recreating, deleting and reinstalling the iphone app, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tsomo‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Dropbox sync right now. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Please ensure that you are on a reliable Wi-Fi network while syncing your keychain for the first time. Depending on the size of your password database, this could take a bit of time, and you don't want the network to cause trouble here. :)

• truk
    truk
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue except mine is on the initial iOS app startup. I have my mac and pc properly syncing through dropbox so I downloaded the iOS app and tried to set it up to sync to dropbox as well, but after selecting the vault (1Password.agilekeychain) it goes to a screen that says "Please wait. Downloading encryption keys..." and gets stuck. I have never set up 1Password on my iOS device so I can't disable sync and re-enable it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @truk,

If you haven't finished setting up 1Password 4 for iOS, let's reinstall the app:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

It might be a good idea to ensure that you have very good Wi-Fi or cellular data available to ensure that Dropbox can download the entire keychain easily.

Do you have the Dropbox app installed on your iOS device?

• truk
    truk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I did get it working. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it seems the key was to restart the iPhone either between the uninstall and reinstall, or maybe just to restart the iPhone after having installed the dropbox app. Thanks again!

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.