restoring 1P 3.8 after drive failure

Having a hard time getting 1Password 3.8 connected to its database again after drive failure. As per dguerr discussion I looked in

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

but there is no 1Password folder in the Library (either top level or user library)

Here's the history:

• was running 1P 3.8 on MacbookPro running mavericks. Drive failed.

• School IT gave me new FOB macbookpro. (thank you IT!) I restore from Time Machine with Migration Assistant. I now have my old data on new machine running 10.8.5.

• I do have two iOS devices running ok and syncing to dropbox

What's the best recovery strategy from here?

thanks

Comments

• MeganMegan

Team Member

Hi @dstras,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your computer. Hard drive failures are no fun.

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: [email protected] agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• report on the way
    thanks
    david

• MeganMegan

Team Member

Hi David ( @dstras‌ ),

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• All set now!

It should have been obvious to me to point 1Password at the agile keychain in dropbox, but somehow it wasn't.

thanks for the kind support.

• MeganMegan

Team Member

Hi @dstras,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! We're happy to help if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.