Problem after upgrade — "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" [try reinstalling app]

Options

Comments

• Hansmueller
    Hansmueller
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

After updating to 1Password 4.4.1. the program refuses to start. I get the (german) message "Fehler beim Verbinden von 1 Password mit 1 Password mini" (1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini). I updated six days ago (4.6.2014), my OS is 10.9.3. Any ideas?

• Shell
    Shell
    Community Member
    Options

Please help I am having this issue also... same OS and I updated this am. I get the english message

• Zombie
    Zombie
    Community Member
    Options

Plus 1 -- After the upgrade, I get the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini". I am running OS X 10.9.3.

• Condredge Dole
    Condredge Dole
    Community Member
    Options

Happening to me too. "Please Restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support" - on OS X 10.9.3

• JAGagile
    JAGagile
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto Happens to me too "Please Restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support" - on OS X 10.9.3 Had to use google + to login here because can't get to 1 password help

• mebiel
    mebiel
    Community Member
    Options

Me too "Please Restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support" - on OS X 10.9.3

• Raphael
    Raphael
    Community Member
    Options

Downloaded the 4.4.1 update. Got this msg: "Can't connect to 1Password mini'. Tried the fixes above to no avail.

Then trashed the app, downloaded a clean copy. Works fine.

I love your products and have it on multiple computers (family version) as well as iPhones. But really disappointed in the upgrade problem. Got me scared - albeit briefly, since I depend on 1P for helping me with over 500 log-ins and passwords . Please don't do this again. Thanks.

• Hansmueller
    Hansmueller
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi you all, this solved the problem for me: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/128147/#Comment_128147 (Thank you @JasperP). Took less than five minutes, 1Password is running again. Hope it helps you too.

In fact, i did search the forum for older posts on this problem, but the search did not help and this morning the thread concerning the same issue was not at the front page (as it is now)... it would have been helpful to just get a link from someone working for the forum. The software is great still, but the bug was really really uncomfortable.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with this! Please try re-installing the app completely:

• Open your Applications folder.
    • Locate the 1Password 4.app in the list.
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then reboot your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
      • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.
      • Or, if you use the Mac App Store version, re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store purchased page.

If that doesn't work, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion and your forum username, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• sgtpizza
    sgtpizza
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot seem to start 1Password on my MacBook Pro. I saw that this was an issue previously on the discussion, but the thread was closed and I didn’t learn how to fix the problem.

• amos6224
    amos6224
    Community Member
    Options

hi can you please help me out to fix this issue.

• lmclza
    lmclza
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem as sgtpizza on my MacAir; 1Password will not start. Please advise how to fix.

• DogusIgnotus
    DogusIgnotus
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me as well. I'm trying to install 1Password 4 on a three-year-old MacBook Air running Mavericks, and I receive the error, "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini". I've tried re-installing the app several times with no luck. This MBA has never had a version of 1Password installed on it previously. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The first thing I'd suggest would be to try restarting your Mac. Please let me know if that alone resolves the issue.

If not, please remove 1Password from your /Applications folder and reinstall a fresh copy from our website (if you were using a version of 1Password from our website) or from the Mac App Store if that is where you purchased and installed 1Password from.

If you're still having trouble like @DogusIgnotus‌ mentioned, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread and your forum username in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• DogusIgnotus
    DogusIgnotus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, the report is on its way.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thank you! Someone on the team will reply as soon as possible. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hello everyone,

I'd again like to apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing. It looks like a required library isn't getting installed or is somehow being removed. We are working on tracking down the reason why this can happen. If you have a moment, answering these questions would help us out a lot:

• Which version of 1Password did you update from?
    • Did you download the update from the built in updater, from our website, or from a third party website such as MacUpdate?
    • Under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, which setting for Allow apps downloaded from: are you using?

• Under System Preferences > Language & Region, which preferred language do you have set as Primary when running 1Password?

Thanks in advance for that information!

• Trevor Newkirk
    Trevor Newkirk
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Same as everyone else. I did the update. Now it says it cant connect to 1password mini. VERY NOT cool since I have work to do and cant log into anything. Help!

Just found Comment #41 That worked.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Trevor,

Have you tried reinstalling the 1Password application yet, as previously suggested? And please do email us a Diagnostics Report if that doesn't fix your problem so we can help you get it resolved quicker. Thank you!

I'm very glad to see that you did find the solution to your problem! :)

• lmclza
    lmclza
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Reinstalling solved this for me.

• Paddy Montana
    Paddy Montana
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4.4.1
    MacOS X 10.9.3

After the newest Update the App won't start. Theres only a popup which tells me to restart 1Password or contact AgileBits.
    I don't know what to do next. I tried to download and install the actual version, but without any success.

• Ottarsdottir
    Ottarsdottir
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this or a similar problem. When I clicked to install the upgrade to 4.4.1 I got "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini." Now neither Mini nor the full version of 1Password will open. I'm using Safari on MacOS 10.9.3.

• cowcat23
    cowcat23
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I'm also using Safari on MacOS 10.9.3.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please see if posts #40 onwards in this thread are any help.

Stephen

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad to hear that worked, @lmclza. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• Paddy Montana
    Paddy Montana
    Community Member
    Options

works. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ottarsdottir and @cowcat23,

Have you tried reinstalling the 1Password application yet?

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you, Paddy. :)

• Installed 1Password from the Mac App Store on a brand new MacBook Pro, and am getting that same message re: not able to connect to 1Password mini. Uninstalled, reinstalled - no bueño. Uninstalled again, and tried installing from the agilebits site - still no bueño. Diagnostics report is on the way. This is super frustrating. Been using 1Password for many years now...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @41DMBfan,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

internal reference number: TFP-83221-671

• tracym1471
    tracym1471
    Community Member
    Options

Has a solution been found for this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

This discussion has been closed.