Master Password change does not work for 1PasswordAnywhere [Resolved: reset Dropbox sync]

Options
j_lamers
j_lamers
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I have read many post and cannot find an exact match to my problem.

I installed 1Password on my iPhone5 first (version 4.5.3). I setup the sync with Dropbox and when logging into Dropbox, I do see that all is there. Everything works fine on my iPhone also.

Since I have a work computer, I cannot install 1Password for Windows, so I tried to log-in through Dropbox, using the 1Password.html link.

I tried the password that works numerous times on my iPhone, but that did not work. The password had a non ASCII character in there, so I thought that was the reason. i changed the master password on my iPhone and then synced the data on my phone to Dropbox and tried the new password in dropbox, also without success.

What am I missing here?

Comments

• Hi @j_lamers,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

To ensure the Master Password change actually made it to Dropbox, let's try re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• Open Dropbox.com (or the Dropbox iOS app) and delete your 1Password.agilekeychain file/folder.

• Restart your iPhone.

• Re-enable Dropbox sync on your iPhone.

• Try accessing the 1Password.html file in Dropbox again.

Please let me know if that helps. :)

• j_lamers
    j_lamers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jasper, this definitely worked!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @j_lamers‌

On behalf of @Jasper_P, thanks so much for letting us know you're all sorted out! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.