One-click login for sites with radio selectors or multi-step/page logins

Options

I have a few sites that I access that use one or more of these procedures; it would be great if 1Password supported them.

For example, the attached is a site where you have to click the appropriate credential choice - but 1Password doesn't seem to support this.

Another example relates to sites that ask for your login name on one page, then display another that asks for your password. It would be great if 1Password would enter the username, hit enter, then enter the password - enabling a one-click login.

Is this possible?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

the attached is a site where you have to click the appropriate credential choice - but 1Password doesn't seem to support this.

If you save a new Login item for this from within your web browser (using the 1Password browser extension), then it should work.

Another example relates to sites that ask for your login name on one page, then display another that asks for your password. It would be great if 1Password would enter the username, hit enter, then enter the password - enabling a one-click login.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-multi-page-logins

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As noted in the user's guide: Saving a Login

Please let us know how it goes, @joetomasone‌.

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member
    Options

@joetomasone, this was discussed in a thread some time ago. It turns out that 1Password will only do an auto-submit on a page that has a password field. For a 2-step login 1Password will not autosubmit the user name, and they have no plans to make it possible in future releases. For a site using 2 or more pages of authentication dialog, 1Password is unable to perform a one-click login for you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Related information in the user's guide: Creating a multi-page Login

• joetomasone
    joetomasone
    Community Member
    Options

The extension didn't save the radio button choice in 1Password V1 for Windows. I just upgraded to V4 and will try it. However, it did not save - automatically or manually - under 1Password for OS X v. 4.4.1. When I edit the web form, it only shows the two fields (personal identifier and password). The radio selector is apparently ignored.

The multi-page login is a tad kludgy, but is a palatable workaround. Thanks for the info!

Joe

• Delb
    Delb
    Community Member
    Options

Citi bank has purchased several of my account. on the log in the bank will accept one user name and record it as a primary user. If I then try to login as a different account, I need to go to the un page change the primary to "log different user" then enter the new un. This is a quirk with Citi which is a great big pain. But so many companies use the un on page one and pw on page two that the feature entered is a reasonable request to develop. Just my opinion it would be great customer service and set this program apart. As it is not the only thing that sets 1 password apart from my current program is the sync feature.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @Delb‌!

This discussion has been closed.