Just updated to OS X Yosemite, but all folders are empty on iOS 1Password

Options
Derek Megyesi
Derek Megyesi
Community Member

Greetings,

URGENT PROBLEM here!

Yesterday, I updated my iMac to OS X Yosemite, and downloaded the latest version of 1Password (Below):

• 1Password
  • Version 5.0 (500019)
  • Mac App Store

I also am synching via iCloud Drive now on my iMac. However, when I open the 1Password application on my iMac and iPhone, it says that that all the folders are empty. See attached screenshot from my iPhone.

Please help!

Derek

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Sometimes iCloud sync needs a bit to catch up.

Is this just a visual glitch ? Have you tried looking in the logins etc and see if the actual items remain... they may not be showning in the folder section ?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

One other note are you on an iPhone 6 ? Some other user have reported good results with a reboot of the phone. (another thread)

• Lukas Sonnenschein
    Lukas Sonnenschein
    Community Member
    Options

Hello thightower,

I am also working on an iPhone 6, I do not use 1Password for Mac. Since Updating to iOS 7 on my former iPhone 5s and my iPad Air I have the same issue. Folder properties of all objects are ok, the objects only do not appear in the folders, folders seem to be empty on both devices. After switching to an iPhone 6 this error still is present. Rebooting of the iphone/ipad does not help. I even tried to sync using Dropbox which also did not help. Somehow the folder properties are there but they are not shown in the folder-view.

In addition to this I tried removing and reseting some of the folder properties. Then all the changed items appeared in the folders. After syncing, deleting the local version of the database and resyncing with the iCloud the folders were empty again although folder properties of the items still were ok.

Regards

Lukas

• Derek Megyesi
    Derek Megyesi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have have tried rebooting my iPhone, but no luck. Although the items DO CORRECTLY APPEAR in the categories section, all the folders in the 'Organize' section are empty.

Ideas?

Derek

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@Derek Megyesi‌ Here's a post from elsewhere - give it a shot.

I actually solved my problem and maybe this will help others until the bug gets fixed. So, the folders did appear in the iPhone app, just empty. Also I could not add items to the folders. HOWEVER I was able to add a new folder inside one of the folders. As soon as I did that, all of the data magically appeared inside the folders! And I can now also manage those folders.

• Derek Megyesi
    Derek Megyesi
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Wow, that actually worked. I must admit, I am shocked. A million thanks 'littlebobbytables'.

So there is a workaround :)... but the underlying issue still is a defect.

Thanks everyone :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Derek Megyesi‌ Oh I agree but until they've sorted that bug out at least there is a workaround that gets you back on track :smile:

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌

Very nice find :D

@lukas Sonnenschein

Does this help you or did I miss read your post.

• Derek Megyesi
    Derek Megyesi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

I suspected as much, but since I bought 1Password via the App store, I have to wait until Agilebits posts a new update. It's ok. At least I have a workaround.

Thanks again! It's nice to see that the community is so helpful and proactive.

'spect!
    Derek

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

I've just deleted my folders and set up Tags instead. That seems to work very well and the list will be self updating just delete or add a tag and it appears or disappears. Mind you I've only got 30 entries so far so was quite easy to do.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I assume folders are older than tags as I find them (tags) much more versatile. The only thing folders seem to have in their favour is that you can have a hierarchy but that's about the only advantage I've found. Yeah, I use tags :smile:

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Still not working right. On Mac, created fake login record, created folder named 'test' and moved item to folder.

Item was synced to iphone and iPad, folder was synced to iphone and iPad, but it was empty. Created the folder within the folder and the item showed up.

Syncing is still not working correctly

Will look into using tags, but can they be used with secure notes?

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, left out the part where I tried the solution described by littlebobbytables, which did work.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Just discovered that tags can be added to secure notes. Am taking a cue from littlebobbytables and replacing my folder with tags.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @rlgleason51‌

Obviously we'll get the bug with folders solved as soon as we can, but I'm glad you've found a workaround for the mean time.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

An update that still relates to syncing, but with tags this time. I combined some secure notes on my Mac (Yosemite, p5) and deleted the old ones. However, they did not delete in my devices (ios 8.1, p5), until I deleted one of the old items from the tags list, on my iPhone, then the rest got deleted.

• Thanks for all the reports, folks. We've fixed the bug related to folder syncing on iCloud. You can expect to see that fix come out with version 5.1.1 which we are submitting to Apple this week.

@rlgleason51‌ It sounds like you may have found a slightly different issue. Thanks for the report!

• stephen-m
    stephen-m
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Adding a folder to one of the empty user-defined folders—as described above—seemed to work for me too. All of my folders on the iPhone were repopulated with the proper items, anyway. But who knows what pulling that string might have unraveled elsewhere?

An associated oddment: in 1P on the Mac, some but not all of my user-defined folders show an incorrect item count.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @stephen-m‌. As for the incorrect count on Mac, do you mean that it is different from iOS, or that it does not reflect the number of items actually present in that folder on the Mac?

This discussion has been closed.