2 versions installed

Options
JimtownSteve
JimtownSteve
Community Member

I have two versions of 1Password installed and I don't know how that happened or what to do about it if anything. One is Version 5.0 and it says Mac Appstore. The other is 5.0.1 from Agile Web Store. But the 5.0.1 also has a license menu under the 1Password menu and it says "Purchased in the Mac AppStore". Should I delete one or keep both and use one? Which one? Very confusing.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Life will be confusing if you try to run both apps. The first step is to decide which one you want to keep. The key issue there is whether or not you ever want to sync with any iOS device using iCloud. If you do you must keep the Mac App Store version. If you won't need to sync using iClould you can keep either version.

Let's take this slowly so we don't make any mistakes. Let us know which version you'd like to keep and whether you currently sync with any iOS device (and, if so, what sync method you're using). Someone will then come along and tell you exactly what you need to do to ensure you have only the correct version of 1P5 on your machine.

Stephen

• JimtownSteve
    JimtownSteve
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen, regarding the two versions I have installed, is there an advantage of the AppStore one vs. the Web Store version? I do sync my iPhone and iPad as well as the desktop and all are using iCloud. I think I'd prefer to use the AppStore version assuming it's a functional as the other one. Would I just delete "1 Password 5.app"?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you want to keep using iCloud you must retain the Mac App Store version. This knowledge base article on migrating to the Mac App Store version will help you follow the correct procedure for getting rid of the other version.

Stephen

• JimtownSteve
    JimtownSteve
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen.

• Hi @JimtownSteve‌,

On behalf of Stephen, you're welcome. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.