Left-hand navigation pane forgets which sections I have minimized/maximized

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member

Noticed a small annoyance in 1P5... I like to work with the Categories section minimized, and the Folders and Tags sections maximized.

However 1P5 periodically "forgets" this and reverts to having the Categories section maximized and the Folders and Tags sections minimized. This is the opposite of my preference so I keep having to manually change it back again.

Doesn't happen every time I open the app, but it's frequent enough to be annoying.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @semblance,

Thanks for reporting this. It's been a known issue since 1Password 4 that I was recently chatting about with one of our developers, who found it's easily reproducible in 1Password 5 simply by restarting 1Password mini. We'll look at getting this fixed as soon as we can. I understand how annoying it can be; sorry for the inconvenience!

ref: OPM-1979

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks @sjk.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @semblance. Since I prefer leaving sidebar sections expanded and item counts enabled I'm also eager for this to be fixed. :)

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Nice to see this fixed in 5.0.2! Great work guys.

• Hi @semblance,

That's great to hear. Are you quitting 1Password completely? We haven't fully fixed this yet, we're still losing the state when you quit 1Password completely but we will get it fixed.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@MikeT‌ - oops, I replied to the wrong thread!!! I meant to say this issue is fixed in 5.0.2! Sorry for confusion.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries, @semblance. I admit to being confused if you'd thought the bug this thread's about was fixed because it still bites me many times a day. :)

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Now this issue really does seem fixed in 5.3 (replying to the right thread this time).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Howdy @semblance!

Thanks for letting us know that 5.3 has fixed this issue for you. It got a few mentions in the 1Password for Mac Release Notes for 5.3:

• Fixed issue where Folders, Tags and the Security Audit headers would always be collapsed after launch or when switching vaults. {OPM-1979, OPM-2536}
    • Fixed rare issue where the sidebar items would all be collapsed after unlocking. Especially after updating 1Password while being locked. {OPM-2807}

Swatted those sidebar-biting bugs. :)

This discussion has been closed.