WLAN Sync issues

Options
Sebastian.192
Sebastian.192
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of 1Password on two Macs and an iPhone. The Macs are synced via shared folder. That works very well. The iPhone is synced via WLAN. Pretty often the sync doesn't end. Usually the items are still synced.

More important: In the case that the sync doesn't finish, the iPhone usually is not able to sync any more. Switching off the WLAN sync on the Mac, and back on again, results in the iPhone doesn't find the Mac any more.

I read about problems with the WLAN sync already. I also read about a new version of 1Password that is in the queue. Especially addressing these WLAN issues. When will this version be available? Right now the WLAN sync is very frustrating. :-(

Thank you,
Sebastian

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Switching off the WLAN sync on the Mac, and back on again, results in the iPhone doesn't find the Mac any more.

Have you tried disabling wifi sync on both the phone and the Mac, rebooting both devices and then re-enabling wifi sync. I know it's a bit of a trial but it has helped others with the same problem.

AgileBits has indicated new releases will be out "soon". I know no more than that I'm afraid.

Stephen

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Even with rebooting, the same behavior. Syncing doesn't finish on the iPhone. No "last sync" information on the phone, but on the Mac.

Just hope there will be a new release pretty soon.

Sebastian

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Syncing doesn't finish on the iPhone

I just want to check what you mean by that. Are all the updated items in fact transferred—but there's still the cosmetic issue of the sync spinner spinning? (I know some people have come across that so I just wanted to check whether in fact the full sync does take place but just appears visually to be continuing.)

Stephen

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

After a successful sync all items are transferred. But the issue is more than cosmetic. In this state the synchronization is very unreliable. Usually I have to switch off WLAN sync again to get my data synced next time.

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

OK, tried the next step. Uninstalled 1Password from my iPhone and installed again. Now it seems to work reliable.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sebastian.192, I'm happy to hear it works again after uninstalling & reinstalling 1Password on your iPhone! Hopefully that does the trick and it continues to work properly, but please let us know if the problem comes back again. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.