I cant scroll down long secure notes on 1Password 5.2 for ios

Options
mr_morris
mr_morris
Community Member

When Im trying to edit a long scure note on the new updated 1Password 5.2, the scroll down get stucked and I cant see or edit the bottom of the note.
Please fix this bug.
I also have the Mac version of 1Password for OSX, and when I edit a note on my Macand after I open it on my iphone, it gets duplicated at the end of the note, separated by lines"----". Is that a new bug also for 1Password for OSXor for iOS?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

when I edit a note on my Macand after I open it on my iphone, it gets duplicated at the end of the note, separated by lines"----"

That sounds to me as though 1P has identified a conflict in a secure note when it is synchronised between your devices.

(Edit: so both versions of the note are kept so that you can choose the correct one to retain.)

Stephen

• The lines are definitely a sync conflict. When you make changes to the same note on two devices when they are not connected to your sync source (e.g. DropBox), 1Password will keep both copies to avoid losing data. If you haven't changed the note at all, let us know.

Regarding your scrolling issue - the reason is that there is a scrollable note within the entire item, which is scrollable. If you try to scroll by touching along the left side of the screen, you'll find it will scroll as you are dragging, still within the item, but outside the note area. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

ref: OPI-2080

• CalH
    CalH
    Community Member
    Options

The scrolling issue is far more complicated.

If i am in portrait mode and attempt to add text to a note, it results in a spastic jump of the screen that then goes back to the edit point and the note can be edited.

If I am in landscape mode, it jumps to the bottom of the screen and I can't see the edit point.

If I am in landscape mode and I try to cut and paste text, it jumps to the top and elastic stretches from such but will not scroll.

It only really works in portrait mode - and even then is almost hallucinogenic. It's rendered a fantastic product almost unusable.

• @CalH is this on version 5.2 or an older version?

• CalH
    CalH
    Community Member
    Options

5.2 - I have auto update on.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CalH,

I'm not able to reproduce this in version 5.2 on my device. Can you please list the exact steps you take to make the problem happen? The more specific you can be about what you do and what happens when you do it, the better the chances we'll be able to reproduce it on our end. Thanks!

• wobblesthegoose
    wobblesthegoose
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG,

I have also experienced the "scrolling" issue as described by CalH.

My environment: iPad2, IOS 8.1.3; 1Password 5.2 502105.

Here's how the symptom appears for me:

1. I create a SECURE NOTE.
    2. I enter at least a dozen lines of text into the 'Note' field and close (i.e. Done) the record.
    3. I then reopen the SECURE NOTE and elect to 'Edit' the populated 'Note' field.
    4. Upon positioning my cursor to a desired edit-point in the ‘Note’ field, the screen text 'jumps' away from my edit-point making it impossible to see any subsequent 'edit' operation.
    5. However, if I hold my finger/stylus down at the edit-point for a few seconds, the screen text reappears near my edit point, and I can 'drag' my finger/stylus back to my edit-point.
    6. This symptom, and a few others, repeat through the editing process.

If you can't reproduce this problem, please let me know.

• mclong
    mclong
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue...

• weinboyz
    weinboyz
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same exact issue as well and can't edit or do anything with it. I have upgraded to full version and now am very annoyed that I can't add or adjust my note. How soon till this bug is fixed. And of course, there is not other customer service contact other than this information board. Please help ASAP

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please see this AgileBits post which may help.

Stephen

• @Stephen_C, thanks for finding that. That should take care of it while we fix the issue. If that doesn't help, please let us know and indicate you've tried scrolling from the very left side of the screen.

• emck68
    emck68
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed that if I have a long note in 1Password and I go to edit the note I cannot scroll to the top of the note. this seems like a bug to me.

thanks
    e

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emck68,

I merged your message with this thread as it sounds like the same issue. As mentioned above, we're aware of this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, the suggestion in this post should help with scrolling. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! If you have more questions about that, please let us know.

• emck68
    emck68
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks and the issue I was having was not with secure note but in the note section for a password. what I ended up doing is copying the note and then pasting it into another app making the changes that I needed and then deleted the note and pasted the new text.

• macgirl
    macgirl
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem, and it doesn't matter where I touch on the screen.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open any note longer than iPhone screen = can scroll easily.
    2. Tap "edit" = still can scroll.
    3. In Edit mode, tap in note to make actual edits = cursor jumps to the bottom of the note, and I can not scroll up.

• spalmen
    spalmen
    Community Member
    Options

Same.

Edit a Secure Note whose notes textfield that is taller than the area between the navbar and the keyboard.
    Tap in the note text.
    Field scrolls to its bottom. Attempts to scroll always jump back to bottom.

iPassword 5.2
    iPhone 6 / iOS 8.1.3

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @macgirl and @spalmen,

Thank you both for the steps! I've been able to reproduce the problems you described in both Secure Note items, as well as the Notes field of other items. Our developers are aware of these issues and working on fixes, and I'll be happy to add your details to the open bug reports in case it helps them.

The workaround might be tricky because there are actually 2 different scrollable areas - the entire item view, and the note field within that item. When it seems like you're stuck at the bottom of the note and can't scroll back up, try dragging up/down along the very left side of the screen. There is a thin, white space to the left of the notes field which is outside of the note area, and should allow you to scroll back up. You might need to try it a few times to make sure you're dragging in the correct spot.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! If you're still having trouble with the workaround, let us know.

ref: OPI-2080
    ref: OPI-2268
    ref: OPI-2195

• Pmd
    Pmd
    Community Member
    Options

The option you propose is not working for me because even if I can strool down and up again I still can't EDIT my notes.
    A huge problem ! When can we expect a fix ?

Pmd

• Digitelman
    Digitelman
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having the same issues trying to edit a secure note. Very frustrating...Please fix ASAP

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pmd, can you please elaborate on what happens when you try to edit a Secure Note? Does this post describe the problem, and/or help as far as the workaround included there?

@Digitelman, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Our developers are definitely working on fixing this.

• Pmd
    Pmd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Not exactely that. After editing a note and closing it, the "new" text in that note was NOT saved so diting did not seem to have worked.
    This was the case 2 times for the same note. At the third trial the note had been edited. I could not reproduce that on my iPad Air 2. Sorry ! So maby I made a mistake ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pmd,

That's strange, I'm not sure why that wasn't working for you or why it suddenly started working on the third try. Was this happening with a Secure Note, or the notes field in a different type of item? Was it a long Secure Note/notes field? Does the same problem happen with other items? When you tested this on your iPad Air 2, did you try with the same item, or a different one? If you run into the same problem again and have steps to reliably reproduce it, please let us know, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.