Can't import from SplashID

Options
Paul Wareham
Paul Wareham
Community Member

There is an import feature in 1Password for importing vid files from SplashID. However, I have exported a vid from Splash 7.2 but it does not import into 1Password. It just makes a "beep" and nothing happens after selecting the file and pressing OK.

Sometimes 1Password will report Items Imported but then "0 items imported, 0 items failed".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried @MrC's converter mentioned in his post here?

Stephen

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @Paul Wareham‌,

You'll probably want the 1.02 version in the _testing folder under my AgileBits Utilities folder (found at the link provided by @Stephen_C). It includes a minor change to (the default decoder used by) the SplashID converter module. If you need help, feel free to ask your questions in the referenced thread.

• ermachum
    ermachum
    Community Member
    Options

Keep trying and maybe I am too computer literate but I can not import from Spashid to 1Password. also the Readme file starts at point 3. Export you Data. was there anything before that that I needed to read? Listening to some people they have imported some file. I always only get 0. Thanks Eric

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @ermachum,

Sorry for your difficulties. Let's see if we can move you forward. I have some questions:

1. Can you tell me what platform and version of SplashID and 1Password you are using?
    2. What link did you download the converters?
    3. Which README link or file are you referring to?
  • ermachum
    ermachum
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for replying.
    1. 1Password v5.0.2; Splash ID v7.0.2
    2. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1 Downloaded again and it was different, at least the realm was fuller. Will try again tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your help

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @ermachum,

The converter supports version 7.2.2, but has not been tested on your older 7.0.2 which was released back on August 13, 2013. You will probably need to upgrade SplashID first. Several users have reported success converting after upgrading SplashID when the export from their older versions of SplashID would fail conversion.

• mgnyc
    mgnyc
    Community Member
    Options

I can also not import from splash ID (7.2.2) OS 10.9.5 I exported a vid file (i also tried vid3) and I also just get a beep and no records imported. I tired the terminal converted thing but that doesn't work either

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Can you show the output from the terminal for the convert_to_1p4.pl run?

This discussion has been closed.