Firefox browser extension (ver 4.2.4) not working

Options

Hello fellow forum users,

I just finished updating to the latest version of 1Password on my Windows (Windows 7 Pro) machine. The main program seems to be working fine. However, when I try to access my password information in my browser it does not work. I uninstalled the old browser extension and installed the latest update and it still doesn't work. The installation seems to go ok and the icon appears in my toolbar, but it's greyed out and nothing happens when I click on it (see screenshot below). When I click "Ctrl+\" it brings up the login screen, then a menu appears but it shows up in the middle of the screen and looks like a Windows Context Menu (shown in screenshot).

I have tried to clear cookies and the cache for my browser with no luck. I restart the 1password helper in the main program with the browser closed but that didn't seem to fix the issue either. It seems to be working fine in Chrome. I am running Kaspersky's Pure 3.0 antivirus program as well as MalwareByte's Premium, in case that is relevant. I noticed a post on the forms regarding issues with the Kaspersky Internet Security, but didn't want to mess with the windows registry without confirming there wasn't another option.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I've used 1Password ver 1.0 for a long while now without any issues. I've been very pleased with it. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@SpacemanSpiff‌ Please turn OFF this setting: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

and incidentally, that is exactly how the v4 extension menu is supposed to look.

• SpacemanSpiff
    SpacemanSpiff
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@svondutch That did it. Thank you for the help. Will this in any way make the system less secure though? I don't know too much about how the system remains secure, so sorry if this is a really stupid question. I get concerned whenever I turn off verification that's on by default. ;-)

@RichardPayne Yeah, you're right. I noticed that after I made the post. Although, it still wasn't showing up in the right spot nor integrating my passwords correctly. All seems to be in order now though.

Thank you both for your help.

• You're welcome :)

Unfortunately there are still a few issues when using 1Password alongside Kaspersky's security software, but we're in contact with Kaspersky, trying to get them to fix the issue in their software.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've noticed that the Kaspersky issue is not the only problem for which disabling 1Password's web browser code signature verification is being recommended by Dev as a possible solution.

• kongsted
    kongsted
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on the problem / communication with Kaspersky? :)

• Hey @kongsted !

Yes, we have news, good news. The issue has been fixed by Kaspersky in late 2014.
    Please refer to this knowledge base article for the solution.

Please let us know if this worked for you.

Cheers

• kongsted
    kongsted
    Community Member
    Options

Hey.
    Updated Kaspersky Antivirus to the latest version, enabled "Code Signature Verification" and restarted the computer.
    Nothing happens when I'm pressing the "1Password" icon in Firefox. :|
    Any other suggestions? :)
    //Kongsted

• Elaini
    Elaini
    Community Member
    Options

What about Avast? Any issues with it?

• @kongsted can you please tell us which version of Kaspersky you're using exactly?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

What about Avast? Any issues with it?

I've had none, but apparently there is a "hardened mode" that causes problems:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/190161/#Comment_190161

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi guys,

@kongsted, we updated our article recently. Did you auto-update the application or install the latest update manually? In certain cases, the auto-update won't work, you have to manually download Kaspersky's latest application version, run it to overwrite the current copy, and it should then work.

@Elaini, as Richard mentioned, the issue may be related to the Hardened mode in Avast. I've followed up with that info in your other thread here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/190325/#Comment_190325

• kongsted
    kongsted
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for the delay. I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus version 15.0.0.463 (b).
    I've installed the update manual from Kaspersky's website.

UPDATE: I've just noticed that the KAV edition in my local language is way behind. :)
    I will install the lastest version 15.0.2.361, and give it a shot.

UPDATE 2: It now works after the lastest english version of KAV has been installed. :)

Thanks for all your help. :)

• LauraR
    Options

@kongsted - That's great news that the latest version of Kaspersky has resolved this issue. Thanks so much for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.