1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, we appreciate the feedback! :)

• BobCarpenter
    BobCarpenter
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello, Looks like the 1Password on Linux (with Wine) requires me to subscribe, I am happy to, but please let me know if I will be able to move a Windows subscription of 1Password to the Linux one once* it comes out ? because I really have no use of 1Password for Windows otherwise. Please let me know.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@BobCarpenter 1Password on WINE is not supported and so I doubt that they'll promise anything in advance. Also, no Linux version has been mentioned yet so it will be some time before you see one. I'd suggest that you go with the Qindows option and mentally write off the cost.

That said, in my experience Agilebits is very helpful and flexible when it comes to licensing. I know they have helped others looking to swap from Windows to Mac and vice versa so you might get something back out of it.

• BobCarpenter
    BobCarpenter
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne Thanks for sharing your experience, it certainly looks that Agilebits is very open to work a Linux port. But given the price of subscription for my local conversion I better hear from Agilebits first. Cheers !

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

it certainly looks that Agilebits is very open to work a Linux port.

I really wouldn'tt say that. They have given no indication that they're even considering it that I'm aware of.

• BobCarpenter
    BobCarpenter
    Community Member
    Options

Alright then, maybe it was just an impression that I picked up from my previous reads on this thread, no wonder I may be wrong. But then lets have Agilebits confirm on it here. Cheers !

• zfil
    zfil
    Community Member
    Options

Add my vote for Linux too :)

• sarod
    sarod
    Community Member
    Options

+1

1password is great but lack of linux support is a deal breaker for me

• gobotom
    gobotom
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I get it on windows and mac os x (all the team at work also).

I'm ready to pay to have it on Linux (Ubuntu for me)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks folks! We really appreciate the continued feedback here. Your feedback is how we best determine our strategy going forward.

• Lorefyr
    Lorefyr
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I use Mac OS, Windows AND Linux, naturally a Linux version is all that I miss from 1password!
    Since I sync the vault myself some kind of standalone functionality for the browser plugin would already suffice for me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @Lorefyr! :)

• calebwalker
    calebwalker
    Community Member
    Options

I use the iphone, mac and windows versions of 1password. I even bought a package deal for my company to use on our windows machines but I now am back to using a debian linux laptop at work and man I miss my passwords! Here's my vote for 1password for Linux. I'd even pay more for the linux version than I do for the mac and windows versions. Just do it.

• faraz
    faraz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 (and some) here. We're looking for something to use at the office, and the lack of Linux support is a no go for our devs.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @calebwalker and @faraz,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! :)

• Elastic
    Elastic
    Community Member
    Options

+1, make it happen.

• sbeckett
    sbeckett
    Community Member
    Options

I really want to roll out shared Vaults to my company but without Linux support we can't include everyone and likely have to move to LastPass.

I am a very happy and long-time personal user of 1Password and I'd love to bring it into the workplace. Please get a Linux port up and running.

+1 to set your payment to whatever you need to justify this work. $100 or even $200 a license is nothing compared to the pain of bringing in a different password manager than what 70% of the team is already using.

• javfindly
    javfindly
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for LInux version. I won't be able to start using this product in my company till we have this available for Linux. Or a Chrome standalaone version if possible

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

As always, thanks for the feedback! It's great to see so many passionate Linux users. :)

• BobCarpenter
    BobCarpenter
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Team AgileBits @Megan @Drew_AG @bwoodruff , can you guys get me an answer to help me form my subscription decision, where I am eyeing for a Linux subscription actually but only for stop gap can go for a windows subscription - if it will be allowed for migration to Linux once you have a port.

Please convey an authoritative answer even if it may take some time to source from AgileBits product management teams.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @BobCarpenter ,

While we do not support 1Password on Linux, many of our Linux users have successfully used our Windows app via WINE. Note that we cannot provide support for 1Password in this configuration but it is an option you can take if you need it right now. You can also check out WINE's compatibility page for 1Password here:

While we have nothing to announce with respect to a Linux version at this time, I can tell you that we love our users and will always try to do what's right by them. (An example of this is our 30 day satisfaction guarantee - we'll happily refund your recent purchase within a 30 day window if you need to transfer your license to another platform, or if you decide that 1Password is just not for you.)

I'm sorry I don't have a more complete answer for you at this time, but we're happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

• Kovah
    Kovah
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• taschetto
    taschetto
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Registered just to endorse this petition: +1 for 1Password on Linux.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't have anything to announce at this time, but we do appreciate the feedback. Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see a native Linux version of 1Password! :)

• Bogdan Danilyuk
    Bogdan Danilyuk
    Community Member
    Options

Same here registered only for +1

I can say for sure that Linux support (Ubuntu in our case) is a blocker to use 1 password in our company.

• mazenmardini
    mazenmardini
    Community Member
    Options

+1

Why not join in? :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@ranjeetsodhi does perterje22 and nukedathlonman's changes to the Catalyst package detailed in this thread help you:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.6/+bug/1376587

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

but I am far from a Unix/Linux expert; I am more like a dangerous newbie really

You and me both mate. :wink:

Sadly been forced to use a chrome plugin (Pushbullet) and my android phone to get my passwords when using Linux. Not a realistic long term solution.

I use Pushbullet too, although not for passwords. You could use 1PasswordAnywhere.

This discussion has been closed.