Stolen iPad

Options
tdaero
tdaero
Community Member

My iPad was stolen. The thief is currently using it. I have no idea if it was reformatted, and I don't expect to get it back. With 1Password auto filling, the thief will have access to all of my credit card and account information. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Your 1P data is protected by the strength of your master password (assuming the data to which you referred was stored in 1P). If you have a strong master password you have little to worry about.

Did you set up Apple's Find my iPad before losing it? If so you should be able to disable the iPad (and, if necessary, wipe it) through iCloud.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tdaero: Even better, if the thief is foolhardy enough to continue using the iPad and connect it to the internet, Find My iPad can hone right in on them, and this can help the police apprehend him. A coworker of my wife was actually able to get his phone back this way! Definitely worth a shot. :pirate:

And as Stephen_C mentioned, the thief would have to know or be able to guess your Master Password in order to gain access to your logins. I know it won't bring your iPad back, but so long as you have your 1Password data backed up or on another device you should be able to rebuild. :)

This discussion has been closed.