Dropbox inaccessible from within the Lumia

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password for Windows Modern can create an ,opvault keychain but presently there's no way to link it to Dropbox. There is a grayed out Deauthorise Dropbox in Settings - Advanced Tab.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

I assume the "deauthorize" button is disabled because you haven't set up a Dropbox connection yet.

Did you choose a Dropbox vault when you created your primary vault or when you added a vault?

Have you seen the Manage Vaults page (accessible from the upper or lower menu bar)?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I just found the Dropbox section in 1Password for Windows Modern. It wasn't immediately obvious to me as it was on iOS. Or the older 1P for Windows Phone.

I did an Erase data and settings. Dropbox is gone. I can't find it again.

It is just inconsistent. I click on the "Gears" when I should have clicked on the "Checklist" icon at the bottom of the screen.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure what gears or checklist you're referring to, @wkleem.

You don't need to set up Dropbox until/unless you want to open (as a primary or secondary vault) a .opvault folder that exists in your Dropbox account.

If you've erased all data and settings, you're essentially in "first-time use" mode again, so you can open a .opvault folder as your primary vault, or you can create a new vault and then open a .opvault folder as a secondary vault. In either case, if the existing .opvault folder is in your Dropbox account, you'll need to enter your Dropbox credentials at least once.

I hope that helps.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown Are there any preliminary user guides yet? The checklist that I'm referring to is Manage Vaults which looks like a checklist icon. The gear is on right side of the vault name which has a gear icon. Manage vault is directly below it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem, please launch the app.

1. On the Categories page, tap the button:

2. On the Vaults page, tap the menu button:

3. On the "Manage vaults" page, scroll down into the Dropbox section, and then slide the ON/OFF switches to enable and disable the vaults as you like:

Note that you can't use two vaults with the same name, and you can't disable the primary vault.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

That clears things up for me.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help, @wkleem!

This discussion has been closed.