WLAN Sync: iPhone can't find MacBook

Options
Sebastian.192
Sebastian.192
Community Member

Hi,

this isn't my first issue with the WLAN Sync. Usually get it back working after the usual steps like uninstalling etc. But really, that can't be the right way. WLAN Sync isn't working here by 99%. Saying that my iPhone 6 can't find my MacBook. Have the latest version installed on both devices.

I'm on the same WLAN and it really shouldn't be such a magic.

I really like 1Password. But the permanent problems with syncing are no fun.

I'm not going to uninstall 1Password again. Or trying ad-hoc WLAN connections for that. Did that too often.

Hope you will find a permanent fix to these issues.

What's about AirDrop? Isn't that a possible way?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Sebastian,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems getting your Mac and iPhone to sync. I read over your previous thread, here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/173313/

It seems we never really came to a conclusion as to what the problem actually was.

I'm not going to uninstall 1Password again. Or trying ad-hoc WLAN connections for that. Did that too often.

We need to figure out what the root of the problem is for you so that it does not reoccur. That said, in order to find out what that is, we will need you to be willing to work with us and do some troubleshooting. If you're unwilling to do that unfortunately we're unlikely to be able to help here.

What I'd like for you to do, please, is attempt a WiFi sync and post a screenshot of the error message you are getting. Having the exact error message will help point us in the right direction.

Thanks!

Ben

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

thanks for your reply. Of course I will help to find the real problem. Why I said I do not want to uninstall again: This is not a solution. It's the app in an initial state which doesn't solve any problem.

Here the screenshot.

What I also did in the past. Disable WLAN sync and enable it again. But even for enable WLAN sync my MacBook wasn't always available. This is not Firewall issue or something else. I can (technically) sync. Yesterday it was possible for example. And right now, after taking the screenshot and checking the last sync date it synced again.

It is just very frustrating. Because I took 1Password especially because of this feature. I do not want to have my vault files in the cloud.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, Sebastian. This error combined with your description leads me to suspect either there is a problem occurring with Bonjour on one of your devices or on the network, or there is a problem with 1Password Mini on the Mac.

To narrow this down a little further, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach each file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I hope there is another way to create and send the iOS report. No E-Mail settings on my iPhone.

Thank you,
    Sebastian

• Ben
    Options

Sebastian,

At the moment email is the only way to get the report to us. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

• Sebastian.192
    Sebastian.192
    Community Member
    Options

I finally switched to Dropbox Sync. I liked the Wifi Sync feature. But Dropbox Sync works like a charm.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear Dropbox is working for you. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.