Sync between Mac and iOS over iCloud

Options
leonshi
leonshi
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

Hi,

I have 1Password (full licensed) installed on both of my Mac and iPhone6. It was set to Sync to iCloud on iPhone6 and works well. And now I wanna have the Mac's sync with iPhone over iCloud.

I followed the online instruction to configure it but still couldn't find the option for Sync over iCloud in "Preferences - Sync". I'd appreciate that if anyone could help me out. thanks.

Leon

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

In order to have access to the protocols required for syncing via iCloud, you must have purchased your software from Apple, not directly from the developer. I suspect your desktop version came from the AgileBits web store, which would explain why iCloud isn't shown as an option.

If you purchased your license from AgileBits within the last 30 days, you can request a refund and buy the application from the Mac App Sotre. To make that happen, send email to support+license@agilebits.com.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Leon ( @leonshi ),

I apologize for the confusion here. Hawkmoth is correct, the AgileBits Store version of 1Password is not able to sync with iCloud. You'll need the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 in order to take advantage of iCloud. I took a quick look in our back office records, and I was able to locate a license for 1Password 5 attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile, but it appears that the license was a freebie, so I can't get you a refund. If you purchased 1Password under a different email address and would like us to look it up, please send the details to support+licenses@agilebits.com as Hawkmoth suggests and we can investigate.

If you would like to keep the version that you currently have, I'd be more than happy to help you get set up with Dropbox sync, which is just as automatic as iCloud.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed - we're here for you!

ref: 841308

• leonshi
    leonshi
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Megan and Hawkmoth, thanks for your answers. I decide to use Wi-Fi to sync as Dropbox is banned in my country. Now there's a new question about Wi-Fi sync. I turned on "Wi-Fi server" on Mac client and chose "Wi-Fi Sync" on iOS client, running in same the Wi-Fi network. However, it just couldn't find each other... tried to refresh the list on iOS client many times and shown nothing... Please kindly help me with that... Many thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@leonshi please try rebooting both your Mac and your iOS device and see if that helps. If it does not please post again and tell us the exact error message you get when you try to sync and someone will give you some more ideas to try.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leonshi,

If Stephen_C's suggestion helps then it would suggest Bonjour get itself a bit tangled up which seems to happen a lot. We rely on Bonjour for discovery so if it has stopped behaving then your devices won't be able to see each other. I see the exact same thing happen a lot in Wi-Fi Sync with iTunes for my backing up of my iOS devices.

If that doesn't help it might suggest a firewall or anti-virus program - anything that might block outgoing connections. Do you have anything like that on your Mac at all?

This discussion has been closed.