Enhancement Request : Adjust font size for LargeType to fit screen

Options
parkerpress
parkerpress
Community Member

Thanks to 1Password, I'm now using highly cryptic passwords everywhere. My standard is 16 characters with symbols, numbers, etc. Unfortunately, when this is displayed on my iPhone 6 in LargeType, the password "wraps" and the last character is shown on a separate line.

There are two possible solutions here that I can see here in order of simple to incredibly complex:

1. Let us specify the fontsize for largetype fields in preferences
  2. Based on the content being displayed, have 1Password calculate the largest font type that will fit on one line for a given screen size, and set the large-type to that font size.

I'm sure there are other solutions, but those are two I can think of right off the top of my head as I'm typing this... :)

Thanks for listening!

Steve

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! LargeType is a relatively new feature and I'm sure it will continue to evolve over time. We appreciate the suggestions on how we can make it even better. :)

Ben

• adamNCSU
    adamNCSU
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, this occurs for any password longer than 7. The last character wraps to a new line regardless of whether the password is 8 or 20+ characters long. It's pretty annoying.

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @adamNCSU ,

The way large type works is that it figures out the largest possible size to fit the password on one line. If it has to go below a minimum threshold, then it wraps to the next line. It does this to avoid passwords getting too small. It is large type, after all. Though there does seem to be a bug though - an 8 character password should be able to fit. It's understandable that a 20 character password may have to wrap to the next line, but not an 8.

I will raise a request with the development team to fix this up.

ref: OPI-2721

• adamNCSU
    adamNCSU
    Community Member
    Options

@hayesk
    Thanks for the response. I was just pointing out that it wasn't really a length issue; its a bug, as you pointed out. See image. I'm looking forward to a resolution though. I use large type a lot.

1p.jpg 20.6K
  • Hi @adamNCSU ,

Yes, I see. We saw that in some further testing, and it is definitely a bug and not related to the length. We will be looking into fixing this.

Thank you for the screenshots and the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.