1Password Chrome extension has stopped working [Resolved - reboot Chrome]

Options
VelvetLounger
VelvetLounger
Community Member
edited June 2015 in Mac

My 1Password extension button stopped working. I click it and it does not open a dialog to prompt my password. I checked with Safari and it the plugin works ok there.

I removed and reinstalled the extension on Chrome and it still has the same behaviour. As I primarily use Chrome this is starting to be inconvenient.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.9.10
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VelvetLounger,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome!

If the extension works in Safari, it sounds like something in Chrome might be blocking the connection between the extension and 1Password mini. Please try the steps here: Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension

Even if you're not getting the error message described in that article, the suggestions there might still help to solve the problem. Please let us know how it all goes, and if it still doesn't work, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the link Drew. I worked my way down the page and nothing seemed to make a difference. Then I shut down and restarted Chrome. After that things started working normally again. So I really can't say what fixed the issue. Perhaps reinstalling the extension actually worked, but I needed to restart Chrome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VelvetLounger,

That very much sounds like Chrome had downloaded an update for itself and needed to finish updating. It does disable interfere with extensions in that state so that could be a plausible explanation. If you see it happen again go to Chrome > About Google Chrome and see if it says it's up to date or requires a reboot to finish an update.

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member
    Options

Now that you mention it there was a recent update to Chrome that I installed. Lesson learned. Reboot before asking for help...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VelvetLounger ,

I'm so glad to hear we got to the bottom of things here :)

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you, no matter what the question!

This discussion has been closed.