Why can't 1Password remember the correct password? I have three for every website. Doesn't remembe

Options
Walter Weeks
Walter Weeks
Community Member

I have three passwords for most websites. Doesn't remember password for itself. Been here before and won't read a lenghty beginners manual again. Just would like it work when I need it.

Latest attempt to update my iTouch to the computer brought this chaos. Had this for years and wish it worked for me

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Walter Weeks
    Walter Weeks
    Community Member
    Options

Where did you ask for 1Password, extension, OS, or sync type?

• Walter Weeks
    Walter Weeks
    Community Member
    Options

Now you want another password for the forum, does that have to be a new one? Under what label will you save it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Walter,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password for iOS!

To help me understand what you mean, can you please clarify a few things from your original post:

I have three passwords for most websites.

Do you mean you have 3 different accounts on some websites, and therefore 3 passwords (one password for each account)? Or do you mean the login form on some of your websites requires you to enter a username, password 1, password 2, and password 3?

Doesn't remember password for itself.

What doesn't remember a password? Are you referring to 1Password, or the website? I'm not sure what you mean here, so it will help if you can elaborate on that and be more specific.

Been here before and won't read a lenghty beginners manual again. Just would like it work when I need it.

I'm sure we can explain it so you won't need to read the user guide, but we'll need to know exactly what it is that you're trying to do. If something isn't working as expected, please also let us know the exact steps you're taking to try to do that, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead. The more details you can give us about what you're experiencing on your end, the better.

Latest attempt to update my iTouch to the computer brought this chaos. Had this for years and wish it worked for me

Again, I'm afraid I don't understand what you're referring to here. Were you trying to update the 1Password app on an iPod Touch? Were you trying to install the latest iOS update on the device? Please walk us through it, including what you tried to do and what happened, and what isn't working now.

Where did you ask for 1Password, extension, OS, or sync type?

That should have been in the form to post your question here, but if you didn't see it, no worries! You can simply include that information in another response here.

Now you want another password for the forum, does that have to be a new one? Under what label will you save it?

You already have a password for your forum account here, as you need to sign in before posting a message. I see that you registered for an account here over a year ago, and you would have chosen your password for your forum account at that time. Did you need to sign in again today in order to post your messages? Or were you still signed in, possibly from when you originally registered? Do you have a Login item for this site saved in 1Password?

Sorry for all the questions, especially as it sounds like you may already be fairly frustrated at this point. We'll be happy to help with any problems or questions you have about 1Password, we'll just need to know more details first. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.