Password generator not showing on web browser

Options

Just purchased and the icon is not showing on web browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @ibbturtle,

You have to manually install the extension for each browser you have, except for Internet Explorer. To do this for Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera;

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock and click on the Preferences button
    2. Go to the Browsers tab and click on the Install extension button for the browser you want (Reuse Chrome extension for Opera)
    3. It'll open the extension page in your browser and you can then follow the instructions there to install it.

I'd suggest going through our quick guide here if you're new to 1Password: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/quick-start

• ibbturtle
    ibbturtle
    Community Member
    Options

It appears that the 1password extenstion did not install in Internet Explorer. Even though Internet Explorer says it's there, I cannot see any indication of such, ie -there is no 1password icon on the browser menu bar or anywhere else, such as there is on my Apple version of 1password. I already know how to use 1 password on my Mac perfectly. In this newly installed Windows version I can find no icon for 1password anywhere in the Internet Explorer browser, such as there is in my Safari Browser in my Mac. I had already follow the directions in the link you sent me. Under the Quick Start item "changing a saved password" number 4, its states "Click on the one Password button on the browser's toolbar again, and choose Password Generator. When I do this, there is no password generator to be found anywhere. Where is it why can't I see it? In my Mac version it is accessible through the 1 password icon in the browser." Where do I access Password
    Generator in this new Windows version.?

Thank you for attention to this matter, I sincerely appreciate your help.
    ibbturtle

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @ibbturtle,

Your command bar may be hidden. Right-click on the toolbar or next to the tabs area to select Command Bar. It should then show the command bar under the address bar and hopefully, the 1Password icon. Do you see it?

If not, right-click on the command bar, go to Customize > Add or remove commands. Do you see 1Password on the left Available Toolbar buttons? If yes, select it and click Add, then close it. You should see the icon now on the command bar.

If you still don't see it, it might have been disabled by IE. To fix this, go to the Tools menu (the gear icon on top right) and select Manage Add-ons. Click on Toolbars and Extensions on the left and then make sure both 1Password add-ons are enabled like so:

If one of them are disabled, select it and then click on the Enable button.

After that, restart IE and you should see it working now.

This discussion has been closed.