1Password 4 for Windows won't accept my license key

Options

I purchased a 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle, and have used this license on my Macbook as well as my PC. On the PC, I used the Windows license key successfully for both Windows 7 and Ubuntu (under wine), with a dual boot setup. It's been a long time (6 or 7 months) since I had booted into Windows, but I did so recently and found that 1Password was in trial mode. When I use the button on the nag screen to enter my license key, the value is already entered, presumably because I store the license key in my vault and it knows where to find it. But, when I hit submit, it says something along the lines of "Contacting the 1Password license server..." for a few seconds, and then it just goes away and nothing changes. I've tried manually entering the license key, and I've requested that my license key be emailed to me, but it's the same key, and the same thing still happens when I enter it. The same thing also happens when I choose to enter the license key from the Help menu once in the app.

Why won't this key work for me anymore?

1Password Version: 4.1.0.526
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:windows wont accept license key

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

@blicksky: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information. I know we've had reports of security software interfering with the authentication, and also permissions issues that prevent the license key from being created properly.

Now, I was going to try to generate the key for you myself and send it your way to see if that worked, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to find a license under your forum email address.

At this point, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: IIV-46741-286

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not questioning the need to register 1Password using my license information, I'm saying that 1Password won't accept my license information. My license has worked previously on this computer, and continues to work on others, but now this computer won't accept my license key. After entering it, it says "Please wait while we contact the activation server...", but then that message just goes away and I'm left where I was before.

The license is registered under a different email address. I'll try creating a diagnostic report.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @blicksky,

We updated recently to strengthen the security of our connections to our license and update servers, are you trying to register on a computer that is in a work network with restrictions or a proxy involved?

Please do include your other email address in the email, so we can look it up and help you register it.

• MikeT
    Options

We got your diagnostic report and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing it. Thanks!

ref: IIV-46741-286

This discussion has been closed.