iCloud: Failed to Fetch Some Record Zones

Options
TommiWe
TommiWe
Community Member

Hi!
I'm using the latest version on my iphone5 device. I have synced my devices (iMac and ipad) over iCloud. I did work well a long time. In the few last days I recognized that the cloud sync doesn't work anymore.
So I was syncing my devices over wlan. When I'm enabling iCloud-sync on my mobile device I get the message as described in the title.
When I was reading your knowledgebase I see that this failure isn't a mistake any more.
What can I do?

Best regards
Tommi

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @TommiWe,

At the moment there are two causes of this particular error message. One was a issue that involved Apple and that one should have been self correcting. There is another cause though and that's if you've ever deleted the iCloud Sync data via one of Apple's preferences screens, either on your Mac or iOS device. If that's the case please let us know and we can supply the steps required to rectify this. As far as we know though the only way to reach this state is to have pulled the iCloud data from under 1Password although we realise we really need to fix this by making 1Password more robust.

• TommiWe
    TommiWe
    Community Member
    Options

Hello littlebobbytables!

I can't remember exactly if I have deleted the iCloud Sync data. May be this could be happened while trying to let 1password sync correctly.
    Please tell me what I have to do in this case.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TommiWe,

Are you getting that error on both your iPhone and iPad? You should be able to solve that by following these steps:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data on iOS like this: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/ (You still want to do this if you can.)
    2. Make a backup of your 1Password data on your Mac: File > Backup
    3. Remove 1Password from your iOS device.
    4. Reinstall 1Password on your iOS device.
    5. When you open it, please choose "Create New Vault".
    6. Enter the same Master Password as before.
    7. Sync this new vault to iCloud. You shouldn't get any errors.
    8. Restore the backup from your Mac (the backup from step two) to your iOS device.

9. Re-sync and it'll ask to merge the data. That's fine.

10. Let it finish then you can try re-syncing your Mac to iCloud.

Hopefully that solves the problem! Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that.

• TommiWe
    TommiWe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG!
    I did the steps you described. Now it does work again!
    But now I have the problem that my iCloud sync on my iMac doesn't work anymore!
    The Programm recognize that there is a new another iCloud version and wants to merge the two different databases. But nothings happens than showing the rotating sync icon over hours. :-(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TommiWe: I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with this! At this point, the best thing to do would be to use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostic report for each device and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• TommiWe
    TommiWe
    Community Member
    Options

Hey brenty!

I run in trouble with the diagnostic tool. Nothing happens while creating a report. So I've rebooted my imac.
    Now all is correct. After creating a report. I've tried to give the iCloud Sync a second chance. Now it is working.
    Thanks a lot for your support.
    Best regards

Tommi

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oh wow! I'm glad it was that simple. I'm sorry that we overlooked the simple reboot, but I'm glad to hear that all is well. We're if you need us. Cheers! :)

• Roger_Cavanagh
    Roger_Cavanagh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the most recent thread on this issue. I have just experienced the same problem on both my iPhone and iPad. Changes made on the OS X 1PW were not synced with the iDevices despite messages on all three devices that syncs had taken place.

After the usual attempt to enable/re-enable iCloud (getting the missing zones message), trying wifi syncing (timed out), I cheated and changed to Dropbox sync on all three devices. Everything seems to be working fine again.

I am using the latest versions of IOS9, OS X and 1Password.

I am reporting this because it seems that AgileBits are claiming to have resolved the problem.

I have search the support material and the forum, it seems that there is no reason to choose iCloud over Dropbox or vice versa, so I'll stick with what I've got.

Regards,

Roger

• statuser
    statuser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the steps. I was experiencing the same problem. It appears in my iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage from the Settings App there were two entries for 1Password. Somehow the data got out of sync between my Mac and iPhone while syncing the files. Both apps appeared to sync fine, but they were not syncing to the same file so the updates were not showing across the devices. I'm not sure how this happened, but it appears to have been during a recent upgrade to either the 1Password app or the OS (Mac 10.11 and iOS 9 both upgrades the same week.)

Turning off the sync on all the devices, deleting the app, and reinstalling fixed the problem.

--John

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the updates, John ( @statuser ) & Roger ( @Roger_Cavanagh ), glad to hear you were able to find a solution to get your data syncing.

Roger -- I believe we've fixed the primary issue folks were having but that isn't to say there isn't another issue that could give a similar error message. If you decide to switch back to iCloud for whatever reason and are still getting the error please let us know and we'd be happy to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.