warning dialogue box "Operation could not be completed

Options
chetgolfer
chetgolfer
Community Member

MacBook Pro mid 2009, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 receive the following warning dialogue box when signing into a website using 1 Password

1Password Version: 5.3 (530029)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:warning dialogue box "Operation could not be completed

Comments

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member
    Options

Correction - Sync is via DropBox, not iCloud. Also problem occurs with Safari but not Firefox

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @chetgolfer,

It seems I spoke too soon. It was only just earlier I was hoping things were going to trouble free for you and then I saw this post.

So the error message relates to our Automatically submit logins after filling feature. What we do is we mimic the pressing of enter on the keyboard using a single line of AppleScript and in your case something seems to have gone wrong. Let's try deleting the file and having 1Password recreate it.

1. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open the Go to Folder window.
    2. Paste in the following path ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper and click the Go button.
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file that should exist in that folder but leave the folder itself.
    4. If you use view as Icons or as List in Finder use the above technique to visit ~/Library/Application Scripts/ so that you have an icon for 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper that you can drag and drop for later.
    5. Launch 1Password and enter 1Password's preferences, switching to the Browser tab.
    6. If Automatically submit logins after filling is disabled try to enable it. If it is enabled try disabling and then enabling.
    7. If an Open dialog doesn't appear quit 1Password using ⌃⌘Q to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini. Re-launch and try steps 4. and 5. again.
    8. If the Open dialog does appear and it's pointing to the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder then simply click the Select Script Folder button.
    9. If it is pointing somewhere else, drag and drop the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder from the Finder window into the selector bar just to the left of the Search field, see the screenshot below for the part of the window I mean. This action causes the Open dialog to use that folder (sometimes quite a handy trick to know if you didn't already).

At this point you should have a brand new 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt and hopefully without the same problem. Please do keep us informed as to your progress and any observations you have :smile:

This discussion has been closed.