iCloud sync option not available

Options
Vee_AG
Vee_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud sync won't work.

Comments

• cmwaffle
    cmwaffle
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password 5.3.2 on my iMac running OS X 10.10.5 purchased at the App Store and iCloud sync just stopped working. Going to 1Password>Preferences>Sync gives me a drop down box without iCloud available. iCloud is working for my other uses. I was able until recently to sync 1Password to my iPhone 6 by iCloud. What has changed and how do I get it back?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There's something slightly off. 5.3.2 is the version direct from AgileBits, and that does not allow iCloud sync (due to restrictions by Apple).

Could you have both version for some reason? If you can't find 5.3 (the App Store version) on your computer, it would be worth checking at the App Store to see what it says about 1PW.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @cmwaffle,

danco is correct. You may very well have purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store but for reasons unknown you are running our AgileBits Store version which cannot access iCloud.

It is entirely possible that you have both the 1Password application (Mac App Store) and the 1Password 5 application (AgileBits Store) on your Mac. If you do we may have to assist you in merging differences between the two, it depends on how long you might have been running the AgileBits Store version.

Assuming you have both copies installed I think the easiest way to check would be the following.

1. Launch the 1Password copy.
    2. Select All Items from the Sidebar.
    3. Order your vault by Date Modified in the Item List.
    4. Make a note of the total number of items and the most recently modified items in this vault.
    5. Quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q.
    6. Launch the 1Password 5 copy.
    7. Follow steps 2-4 again.

How do these two vaults compare?

If they're the same then you can simply drag the 1Password 5 application to your Trash and keep the 1Password application.

If they're different we'll have to merge the two before we can proceed. Let us know if this is the case and we'll help with this. Of course if it turns out the differences are really minor i.e. 1-2 items are slightly different you may find manually copying the changes over is a lot quicker. We'll be here if you need help though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.