Diceware in Mac OSX Password Generator

Options
HehMan
HehMan
Community Member

I love the new addition of Diceware passwords to the iOS password generator. When will this feature be added to the Mac OS X password generator?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HehMan,

We generally don’t share information about future updates because there are too many factors that can impact when (or even if) we are able to roll them out. But I can tell you that this is a popular request and it is something that we are looking into.

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

I just want to echo this request. I've been using Diceware for years and having a fast generator is great. It would also be great if there was the ability to add one or more capital letters, numbers or symbols to the resulting password automatically. (on iOS and OSX).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanhoyle,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're also interested in having this feature in the Mac version of 1Password!

You'll be happy to hear that support for generating Diceware passwords was recently added to a beta version of 1Password for Mac. So, barring any unforeseen circumstances, that should be included in the next update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available).

If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: OPM-1482

This discussion has been closed.