[Feature request] Display character number for masked passwords

Options
pglaz
pglaz
Community Member

I'm not sure if it's just Polish banks but they all fell in love with masked passwords. By masked password I mean that if my password is qwerty then I'll get a form where I might see 10 boxes (each fitting just one character) and just a couple of them might be enabled:

Then I need to only enter the characters from my password that are requested (in this case 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th 12th). I hate those passwords and I have contacted my bank numerous times asking them to change it, telling them it's not that secure after all. I was always reassured that it is very secure and that my request will be forwarded to the appropriate department. Sigh.

I know that some users managed to get auto-filling work but I can't get it to work for ING Bank Slaski. Therefore I thought that since I'm stuck with this method of signing in, perhaps I could ask 1Password to count the characters in the password for me? Let's say I'd show up the mini extension and click on the dock icon to keep it on top, click on reveal password and for this login only, I'd see digits going from 1 to n, helping me to fill out my password at the bank, so I don't have to count the digits myself.

I hope my feature request is clear. Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.3 MAS
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:request, kb-search:feature request

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Your patience should be rewarded when 1P5.4 comes out of beta. It has a "large type" option for password fields—which displays the password in large type with consecutive numbers underneath so that you can easily find the random letters or numbers for which you're asked.

Stephen

• pglaz
    pglaz
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! You once again prove that 1Password is the best :) Thanks!

Cannot wait.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @pglaz,

I haven't used it much myself yet but I believe that how it will work most effectively is that you will anchor the item to the screen and then select the Large Type option that is in the beta and you will see something like this.

As the item is anchored the large type will remain visible and allow you to type the characters, or at least that's my understanding. I think there are a few who are patiently waiting for anything here that can help.

This discussion has been closed.