I'm looking for the colorful standard vault icons

Options
miccom
miccom
Community Member

Hi together,

I found a screen on the 1password site, that shows some standard vault icons in different colors:
https://agilebits.com/onepassword/mac

I mean the one in green and yellow. I want them too! :)

Can you please share the image which is used?

PS: I know, I can use the blue icon and zoom in and and select a different frame color for the circle, but the will never look like the primary vault icon.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miccom,

I certainly don't blame you for wanting colourful vault icons, it's really handy to be able to differentiate between all of your vaults at a glance.

At this time, vaults can be customized only when they're created. There are instructions on how create colourful vaults in our user guide. We have a feature request open to make it simpler for vault details to be changed after creation, and I've added a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker.

If you're really keen on unique vault colours, the workaround right now is to re-create the vault. Use the instructions I linked to earlier and create a shiny new vault with the appropriate colour, then you can select all the items in the 'old' vault and use the Item > Share menu to move them into the new and colourful vault.

I hope this helps!

ref: OPM-900

• miccom
    miccom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your comment, but I'm only looking for the images when creating a new vault.

Cheers,
    Michael

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! I'm glad that helped. On behalf of Megan, you're most welcome! it sounds like it may not matter to you, but the vault images can also be found inside the 1Password app bundle ("Show Package Contents" in Finder). I don't know why, but I always enjoy tips like that. Maybe someone else will too. Cheers! :)

• miccom
    miccom
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, but maybe I'm not clear enough. I want to create a new vault and I want to use the images shown in my example in my first post.

As you can see in the screen, I used the blue one and zoomed in, but the new green one looks different to the blue one...

Without zooming in, you will always get two colored circles:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miccom,

Thanks for clarifying! I think I understand what you mean now. In order to use the default keyhole icon and choose your own color, try following the steps in this post, starting from the paragraph beginning with "When you create your new vault...".

Basically, when creating a new vault, you can delete the random custom icon which will revert to the standard 1Password icon, and then you can choose the color.

Does that help? If we've still misunderstood, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.