ADP is a problem

Options

site is: https://ipay.adp.com/iPay/login.jsf

Once there you click a login button which opens a pop-up. On Safari you have to open the 1 Password app separately and switch back and forth to copy-paste. On Chrome the extension will open allowing copy-paste in two transactions. Is this expected behavior? Is there a workaround?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:ADP

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I hope you won't mind, but I moved your post to the Saving and Filling in Browers section of the forum, where I think you will get more assistance.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SawbonzDO,

Thank you for the URL, it makes it a lot easier to be able to comment on a particular issue if we can test :smile:

So rather than using a traditional login page that site is making a basic authorisation request and the small window you're seeing is a real window opened by the browser. As it isn't part of the actual web page we can't interact with it. What follows are my thoughts on the best workaround that I can currently think of.

1. If you don't have one already, create a basic Login item that stores your username, password and the URL or the site.
    2. With the page loaded click the Login button to open the basic auth window.
    3. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ to open the 1Password mini menu.
    4. You should find the Login item is displayed with focus already on it. Tap the right arrow key to open the Login item bubble showing the details of the item.
    5. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌘O (that's the letter o if there is any confusion) to anchor the item details to the screen.
    6. Click on the username field to copy the value to your clipboard.
    7. Notice that focus hasn't left the basic auth window, without moving the cursor you can use ⌘V to paste the username into the username field.
    8. Use the tab key to shift focus in the basic auth window from the username field to the password field.
    9. Click the password field in the anchored 1Password window and use ⌘V again.

Does that make things feel any easier at all? I do apologise, we would love to interact with these windows but what we need is an API, preferably one that crosses all three of the main browsers to do so given how filling works. Hopefully that workaround might feel quicker.

• SawbonzDO
    SawbonzDO
    Community Member
    Options

That worked very well, thank you. Now all I need to do is remember those keyboard shortcuts!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SawbonzDO,

I'm glad that proved useful :smile: I realise it isn't as good as a real solution but if the workaround helps in the meanwhile then I feel I've contributed a little.

This discussion has been closed.