Touch ID Failed

Options
MrAkira
MrAkira
Community Member

I cannot use Touch ID to unlock the app, it just get back to home screen. I have to use the master password which is very long to unlock.
I've tried to turn on/off the Touch ID settings or reinstall the app, doesn't work.
Anyone knows what should I do or it is a bug?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrAkira,

Can you tell us a bit more about your iOS device please.

1. What version of iOS are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?

Also, have you tried rebooting the iOS device along with the other tactics you've tried?

• MrAkira
    MrAkira
    Community Member
    Options

iOS 9.2 13C75
    1Password 6.1.1
    Rebooting doesn't work as well.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MrAkira,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued trouble. Please try this for me:

In the iOS Settings app disable Touch ID under Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > iPhone Unlock, then reboot the phone. Once rebooted, turn Touch ID back on. Please see if that works. If not you may need to also disable and re-enable Touch ID within 1Password itself.

Thanks!

Ben

• MrAkira
    MrAkira
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff
    Finally! But there's still a problem: it takes a long time to unlock the app after the Touch ID pop-up disappears. Much longer than before (didn't remember when but it should be fast).

• MrAkira
    MrAkira
    Community Member
    Options

Oh no, just minutes and it's broken again.
    Open the app - Touch ID pop-up - Put finger - Pop-up disappears - Stuck at unlocking - Jump to home screen

• Ben
    Options

@MrAkira,

If the app is crashing (which it what it sounds like is happening) we'll definitely want to get some diagnostic information. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

You may have to hit cancel on the Touch ID prompt and enter the Master Password in order to get this far.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

it takes a long time to unlock the app after the Touch ID pop-up disappears

This, unfortunately, is a known issue. We hope to have it fixed up in a future update.

Thanks very much!

Ben

• FortKnox
    FortKnox
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem as Mr. Akira.

Open the app - Touch ID pop-up - Put finger - Pop-up disappears - Stuck at unlocking - Jump to home screen

• FortKnox
    FortKnox
    Community Member
    Options

I also sent a diagnostic report based on the info above.

• Ben
    Options

@FortKnox,

Sorry to hear you are also having the problem. What support ID did you get from BitBot?

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

Thanks!

Ben

• FortKnox
    FortKnox
    Community Member
    Options

bwoodruff:

Have not received a Support ID as of yet.

FortKnox

• MrAkira
    MrAkira
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff
    I've sent the Diagnostics Report and here is the support ID:

BBZ-91495-953

• Ben
    Options

@FortKnox,

If you still have not received a Support ID it does not appear we've received your report(s).

@MrAkira,

Thanks. We've received your report. Once we've been able to review it we will email you back with our recommended course of action and/or any follow up questions we may have.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: BBZ-91495-953

• FortKnox
    FortKnox
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I will resend it later tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

• FortKnox
    FortKnox
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is [#KZF-84269-553].

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @FortKnox. We got it that time. I've made the appropriate notes on the ticket for our team to follow up with you. They should be in touch via email shortly.

Please note that due to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday in the States responses may be a bit slower than normal. Thanks for understanding!

Ben

• anon
    anon
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem as MrAkira and FortKnox for > 1 month (iPhone 6s, no problem on iPad).

• Ben
    Options

@anon,

Could you please send us a diagnostic report, following all of the instructions in this post?

Thanks!

Ben

• anon
    anon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, ok. Your support ID
    [#ENA-74641-684]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks anon. I see Sean replied but didn't have the context of this thread. I've added a link to this thread to the ticket so moving forward our team will have that info.

Ben

• anon
    anon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• DG4444
    DG4444
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having similar problem. Touch ID has stopped working on my iPad Mini 4.
    The login page does not show the TouchId symbol.

I have the latest version of 1Password installed.

I have turned Touch ID off and on, restarted 1Password and reset the IPad.

Can you please investigate.

Thanks.
    Dave

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DG4444: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately 1Password doesn't have control over Touch ID, but you may be able to simply restart the device and re-set Touch ID (turn it off and then back on) to get it working. if not, there are a few other steps that you can try. Just follow these steps:

1. Launch Settings on your iOS device
    2. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode
    3. Enter your Passcode or Password
    4. Toggle Touch ID to OFF
    5. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen
    6. Shut down and restart your device
    7. Enter your Passcode or Password at the Lock screen
    8. Launch Settings on your iOS device
    9. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode
    10. Enter your Passcode or Password
    11. Toggle Touch ID to ON

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• DG4444
    DG4444
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Regarding step 4. There is no "Touch ID" toggle that I can set to "off".

There is a set of toggles under "Use Touch ID for - iPad unlock, Apple Pay, Is this what you mean?

By the way. TouchID unlock works when I need to unlock 1Password in the Safari browser to fill details for a website.
    TouchID is not working when I need to open the 1Password App.

The problem started on the same day that the iPad rest whilst I was using 1 Password.

Dave.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DG4444,

Yes, sorry about that. The one that has to be toggled is "Use Touch ID for - iPad unlock."
    Beyond the steps Brenty listed you may also need to toggle Touch ID off then back on within 1Password, once you've completed the steps he listed.

Please let us know if that helps.

Ben

• DG4444
    DG4444
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I followed the steps listed and the TouchID is still not showing for 1Password login.

Dave.

• DG4444
    DG4444
    Community Member
    Options

After leaving it for 20 minutes, it's now working.
    Strange.

Thanks.
    Dave.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Dave. Please keep us informed if the problem reappears.

Ben

• IndigoLightning
    IndigoLightning
    Community Member
    Options

This is how I solved the problem of Touch ID, and Touch ID with 1 Password:

First, address a "hidden" issue in Touch ID:

• Go to Touch ID
    • Delete finger prints
    • Turn Passcode Off
    • Turn the phone off
    • Turn the phone on
    • Go to Touch ID and Turn On Passcode
    • Enter a passcode
    • Add your finger prints

The default passcode length for previous versions of the IOS is 4. The default in the most recent devices is 6. Touch ID is expecting to find a longer passcode so when it doesn't find it, it's not opening the phone.

BACK UP YOUR VAULT TO DROPBOX (OR ICLOUD). If you have MORE THAN 1 VAULT, back up ALL THE VAULTS.
    (As you have two devices, you probably have your vaults sitting on the cloud, which should be sufficient as long as you complete the steps one device at a time. )

Delete 1 Password
    Download 1 Password again
    Choose to sync to an existing vault
    Enter you master password so 1 Password can sync. Once the sync is complete,
    Choose settings (gear icon), then Security
    Toggle Touch ID on

FYI: I tried doing the first step without re-installing 1 Password but it didn't seem to help. That's when I decided to re-install. This resolved the issue for me. I hope it helps you.

Best,

Indigo

• Ben
    Options

Thanks again for sharing your experience with this difficulty, Indigo. For anyone else reading: we would recommend backing up following these instructions prior to completing the steps listed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.