1Password mini doesn't recognise my master password. Then it crashes my iMac.

Options
nickhbuk
nickhbuk
Community Member

I can't fill in my password on a website because 1Password mini won't recognise my master password although it does give me the correct hint. After a couple of goes, it then crashes my iMac. I am running mid-2011 iMac.

Please advise

1Password Version: 5.4.1 (541003)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini master password crash

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@nickhbuk have you tried typing your master password in plain text in an app like Notes and then copying and pasting it into 1P? That's often the easiest way to make a final check you're getting the master password correct.

If that doesn't work, does your master password use any non-ASCII characters? Has it worked previously? Also—sorry for this frequently offered suggesion—have you tried rebooting your Mac?

Stephen

• nickhbuk
    nickhbuk
    Community Member
    Options

The master password works, that's not the problem. And it has worked for some time. But for some reason it isn't recognised all the time by 1Password. It's working okay at the moment, though. So I'm going to wait and see.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nickhbuk,

I'm sorry you've been having a problem unlocking 1Password mini! I'm glad it's working correctly right now, and hopefully it stays that way - but if it doesn't, please be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping you with that. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.