Can I move data from Passwordbox to 1Pass

Options
ria1979
ria1979
Community Member

I currently use passwordbox, Can I get my passwordbox data synced to 1Pass?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I sync passwordbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

@ria1979: I'm not familiar with that app, but if you can export your data you may be able to use @MrC 's converter to import it into 1Password. Does it have an export function, or is there a desktop version that does?

• ria1979
    ria1979
    Community Member
    Options

It's just been merged into TrueKey but I haven't migrated to TrueKey. Icant cant find an option to export my data.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @ria1979 ,

As you're aware, passwordbox never did provide an export function, despite several years of promising one.

I just checked the TrueKey forums, and for months, they have been promising an export feature. As of one day ago, a TrueKey person indicated it is on their development schedule, but will take several weeks to develop and test, and then who knows how long before it is released. I have TrueKey installed, and of course, there is no export function yet.

What you could do for now is use 1Password, and then once TrueKey supports an export, I'll take a look at getting a converter made for 1Password for Mac or Windows. You'll need a desktop system as 1Password for iOS cannot import via CSV or other formats.

• ria1979
    ria1979
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ria1979,

You're welcome. Feel free to ping me via this thread if you happen to notice that TrueKey supports export before I do, and I'll evaluate its export contents right away.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully something will develop there in time! :)

This discussion has been closed.