Are separate PRO licenses needed for each iOS device?

Options
cappy
cappy
Community Member

I have a paid PRO license for my iPhone 6 / iOS9 (Purchased is displayed under Pro Features).
I have the Windows/Mac bundled licenses for my desktop machines (not sure if they are PRO or not).

I recently installed 1Password on my iPod touch /iOS9 because I now need password management there as well.
Under Categories/ Pro Features, a button is displayed to buy a Pro license and a link to restore Purchase.

When I clicked on Restore Purchase (I already have a paid Pro license on my iPhone 6), the wifi icon became busy, and the Restore Purchase
link became disabled for a while. Nothing happened- nothing was displayed indicating success or failure.

I only have 1 Apple ID account, this is what I've used to get 1Password onto my iPhone 6.

Does each iOS device need a seperate paid Pro license?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cappy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Each iOS device does not need its own Pro features purchase, but each Apple ID does. Family Sharing does not work with in-app purchases, unfortunately.

What I'd recommend here would be to double check you are signed into the same Apple ID you used to purchase the Pro features. Then back up your data. Instructions can be found here:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Then please uninstall and reinstall 1Password for iOS.

Please let us know how that turns out.

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

"Family Sharing does not work with in-app purchases, unfortunately."
    I'm not referring to Family Sharing. I don't use Family Sharing.
    I have my own Apple ID, and only 1 Apple ID.

I'll do the backup later tonight, and attempt a reinstall.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

I realize; I was just clarifying for anyone else who may stumble across this thread.

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

I'll also see what my iPad shows for the Pro License, for an additional data point.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

I've backed up my iPodTouch to my MBP, deleted 1PW from the iPod, reinstalled it from the App store,
    then restored my vault. The version of 1PW on the ipod is still the basic version (not pro).

I've also checked my iPad, it too has the Pro version.

I use the same AppleID on all 3 iOS devices, I don't understand how the iPod version isn't the Pro version.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cappy,

I'd like to get a better idea of what may be going on "under the hood." In order to do so I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

(iOS) Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll need to wait until I get home tonight, to get these reports, but will send them to the email above, and include the thread link

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! :)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

When I emailed the reports from each of the iOS devices, 1PW put in a slightly different email address -> support+ios@agilebits.com,
    but I did add the forum link in each of the 3 emails.

I've submitted all three, but only received 2 emails.
    Fortunately, 1 of them is from the iPod touch- which is the device having problems- restoring the Premium purchase.

Support IDs (only 2 of 3- so far)
    [#QMC-58693-665]

[#JKK-31666-312]

Odd- I've sent the email from my iPad two times, still
    no email from BitBot acknowledging it.

I know the wifi link was active, because I had emailed this forum link to myself,
    so I could paste it into the support email.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @cappy. I got the report from the iPod and iPhone, so we should be able to work off of that. I did not receive the one from the iPad but we should be okay without it.

We'll continue the conversation via email.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: LYJ-79442-434

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

I think we have yet another problem with 1PW on the iPad, as I've sent the diag report two times, but it was never received

• Ben
    Options

@cappy,

I'm not concerned about getting a report from the iPad, though we use the built-in Mail app for sending reports. If there is a problem, that is likely where it exists. Are you able to send other mail to support@agilebits.com and receive a BitBot response back from the iPad? Please give it a try.

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

I've just sent an email from the iPad with this thread link in the body, and "Test email" in the subject line.
    Would you let me know if/when it has been received?

• Ben
    Options

Great. Will let you know when/if we get it. Also, got your screenshots. Thanks! I'm asking a member of our development team to give me a second set of eyes on the issue.

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Ben
    Options

No problem :)

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like I've bought 1PW for iOS, when I used a different email address with my Apple ID account.
    I still think my login name in my Apple account is the same though. It appears that Apple uses the email address
    for the ID though.

That said, having bought more than 50 apps for the 3 iOS devices I have, I've only received email receipts for a few of these purchases,(and I have searched my spam folder as well.) So, even if I had used the same Apple ID/email address for the 1PW purchases, I could not prove that I have purchased it, because I typically do not receive receipts from Apple for App store purchases.

I always receive email receipts for my iTunes purchases though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It looks like I've bought 1PW for iOS, when I used a different email address with my Apple ID account.

@cappy: Hmm. This is really confusing — probably for you too! Do you mean A it was purchased using a different Apple ID account (with a separate purchase history), or B that you later only changed the email address of this particular Apple ID (same account, same purchase history).

I still think my login name in my Apple account is the same though. It appears that Apple uses the email address

for the ID though.

This is definitely the case, so it may be that the App Store receipt (not the one in your email, but rather one stored in iOS by the App Store — like I said, confusing!) is simply using the old email address, if it is in fact the same account.

I'll admit that I don't know exactly how this works on Apple's end, so you'll probably need to contact them for assistance. But one thing I do know is that purchases cannot be transferred. So if it's scenario A you're dealing with, even Apple probably cannot help with this issue. However, if it is scenario B and the purchase shows up in your history on this account, they may be able to straighten this out for you.

You don't necessarily need to find the email receipt for the purchase (though it would certainly help, with transaction numbers and dates and such), as you should be able to look it up in your purchase history in iTunes. Now, prepare yourself, because this is not a fun process (which is why email is better):

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC

If you have an idea of the time frame, that may help, as you'll essentially have to click through the history to find it.But if you can find it, that should make things go much more smoothly with Apple. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.