Change from Appstore to web version won‘t work. web version only shows trail mode.

Options
ufom
ufom
Community Member

I bought 1Password 2 days ago in the mac App Store and now want to change to the web version, because i want to use Knox, but it still shows me that it works in trail mode. I assume that Knox is only part of the web license. So i tried to change as you explain on your website, but i won‘t work.
1Password from the web do not recognize that i still had bought it from the App Store. As Knox it works only in trail mode.
But i have to say, that i had problems with syncing my old data from 1Password 3 over dropbox. At this moment i also tried the web version, but at least syncing over iCloud brought my data back to 1Password 6.
This means that the web version had been already installed, when i tried to change the license. Maybe this could be the reason?

1Password Version: 1Password (App Store)
Extension Version: 6.01
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:knox, kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ufom,

I'm sorry you're having trouble switching from the Mac App Store version to the AgileBits Store version! You didn't do anything wrong, and this is actually a small bug in 1Password 6 that our developers are working on squashing. Normally it should work automatically, as described in the article you found. But in the current release of version 6, the AgileBits Store version doesn't automatically activate itself when it sees you have the Mac App Store version installed.

There are a couple options, though: You can either wait to see if this is fixed within the 30 day trial period, or we can create a license for you for the AgileBits Store version so you can activate it. If you'd like us to create a license for you, please send us a copy or screenshot of the email receipt you received from Apple when you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store.

You can email that to support+licenses@agilebits.com and also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Once you've sent the email, feel free to reply here with the Support ID number you receive in the automated reply from our BitBot assistant, and we'll be able to track down your email to make sure you hear back from someone as soon as possible.

Now, you also mentioned that you need the AgileBits Store version so you can use Knox. However, that isn't necessary, as Knox doesn't depend on having a license for any version of 1Password (it's a completely separate product). If you're having any difficulty with Knox, you can let us know on our Knox forum, and we'll be happy to help you out with that. :)

• ufom
    ufom
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Drew,
    i sent the desired information (see screenshot) to the email address above and replied the following ID [#PIV-23712-429]
    I assumed that Knox would be a part of 1Password, because any link that i tried on your website led me to the 1Password shop. I was not able to buy a license for Knox. Perhaps i did something wrong...

Regards,
    Uwe (ufom)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@ufom - I deleted the screen shot of your email. It contains the screen shot of your Apple receipt, which you won't want to publicly display. Because you already have sent it to AgileBits, it won't be necessary here anyway.

You're having trouble finding Knox because it was recently removed from the AgileBits web store. I'll leave it to someone from AgileBits to follow up on that.

• ufom
    ufom
    Community Member
    Options

oh, sorry and thank you!

• Knox is going into retirement. We could not devote the time it deserved and required. We do hope to bring some of the Knox functionality under 1Password in the future. The Documents feature in 1Password for Teams is one step in that direction.

If you want to use encrypted disk images, you can do so with the built in Disk Utility app. See this document for details https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201599

and this MacWorld article includes a helpful video with some great tips
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2852122/how-to-protect-your-macs-most-secret-stuff.html

This discussion has been closed.