The program is freezing up frequently

Options
ehrichchris
ehrichchris
Community Member

The app is freezing up frequently after adding a new item and wanting to save it. I have to close down the app to get the IPad to work again. I have an IPhone 5 and IPad and both are updated IOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Freezing up on Both IPhone and IPad

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ehrichchris,

sorry for your troubles and thanks for reporting this.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device after you experience such a freeze:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• KSea
    KSea
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    Same problem here : iPhone 6 - iOS 9.2.1
    Some times it is random, app freezes and I have to close and open.
    If I add a new password it happens every time. I can add 1, and if I try to add a second one or a new login the app freezes.
    Pretty scary because I don't feel my data is safe if the app freezes so often.
    Please help
    Regards

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KSea,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Just after experiencing a freeze could you please follow the instructions Winnie posted above? Please be sure to post your support ID here once you've done so.

Thanks.

Ben

• KSea
    KSea
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    Sent diagnostic. Could not figure out what the support ID is ?
    You sent me an email with a link to this page. That is the link I put with the diagnostic. Please explain where support ID can be found?
    Regards

• Ben
    Options

@KSea,

Once our email system has received and processed the message it will send you an automated response back that will contain the support ID. Please double check your spam folder and make sure it didn't end up there.

In any event, I was able to find your report, so we have it now. Once we've had a chance to review it we'll respond back via email. :)

Ben

ref: MZN-14371-521

• KSea
    KSea
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben.

• Ben
    Options

No problem! Hopefully we'll be able to get this fixed up quickly for you.

Ben

• KSea
    KSea
    Community Member
    Options

I Hope so, because it happens more and more often. I cannot make more than 2 entries and freeze. Another thing I wanted to add, is that most of the entries were made on my PC (Windows 7) and synced to iPhone via Dropbox. I am entering all my codes from an old application called SPB. It worked fine until a day or 2 and now freezes more and more often. Could it have something to do with last update?

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KSea,

I found your ticket in our system! We'll keep everything in email instead of here to avoid confusion :)

ref: MZN-14371-521

• shogun88888888
    shogun88888888
    Community Member
    Options

Having same issue.
    iPhone and iPad both freeze
    Not freezing on Windows or Mac
    4 vaults syncing with Dropbox
    Freeze happens quite often on add, delete or update
    Usually happens after data changes
    An update on on one device (Windows, Mac or iOS) can cause the app on another to freeze if the 1password is open on both devices

• Ben
    Options

@shogun88888888

Thanks for the information. After you experience this issue next time could you please follow these instructions to send us a report?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/272815/#Comment_272815

Thanks!

Ben

• shogun88888888
    shogun88888888
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report sent by email

[#WBX-39847-611] 1Password for iOS Diagnostic Report

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @shogun88888888. We received the report. I've flagged it appropriately for follow up.

We'll get back to you via email as soon as we have more information.

Ben

ref: WBX-39847-611

• James_123
    James_123
    Community Member
    Options

The same problem. My support ID is [#FMI-56693-222].

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @James_123. We've received your report and I've added the appropriate flags to it.

Ben

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

For everyone who has encountered this issue, or who will see it in the next week or two; We have found and fixed the issue, and it will be included in version 6.2.2 that will hit the app store in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your patience with this, as we know it's been an annoying bug. For those of you who have this option (i.e. you only use Apple devices), switching your sync method to iCloud will work as a band-aid until 6.2.2 hits.

I've replied to each ticket individually, just in case you don't get the forum notification, and I'd like to thank anyone who sent in reports to us, they helped immensely in resolving the issue.

Cheers, all!

• AgileBits iOS team.

ref: OPI-3367

• shogun88888888
    shogun88888888
    Community Member
    Options

Now that's the work of a top notch company and team. Thanks Agilebits

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for saying so, @shogun88888888! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• shogun88888888
    shogun88888888
    Community Member
    Options

Seems there is a secondary bug. IOS freezing when copying an item from one Dropbox vault to another. Also froze on sync.
    iPad and iPhone

Diagnostic reports sent from iPad and iPhone in two emails.

• TheoMueller
    TheoMueller
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to me that a freeze may as well occur on every single app switch and on every single attempt to use the browser add-on. It laggs about 5-10 secs. Touch ID doesn't seem to work either. That being said, I do use a Public beta version of iOS 9.3.

Diagnostic report sent (#UXV-11235-546).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the reports, folks. We'll follow up via email. :)

Ben

ref: WED-22617-759

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Freezing bug persists with version 6.2.2. Experienced it just a few minutes ago trying to edit a few objects in my vault. Suddenly 1Password freezed for roughly one minute and then closed itself.

Support ID: [#HSZ-29554-494] or [#DTL-64331-264]
    I wasn't sure whether my first email was sent so I tried a second time. Apparently both came through in the end.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JohnnyFJohnsson

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please send in a diagnostics report, just after experiencing this issue? Winnie posted the instructions for doing so above:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/272815/#Comment_272815

Please be sure to post back here with your support ID when you receive one so we can "connect the dots."

Thanks!

Ben

• Devokan
    Devokan
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi,

I am also still experiencing the freezing bug on the version 6.2.2. Diagnostic #KPT-96342-252 sent. In my case, I'm on iOS 9.3 public beta 3 so maybe this is related. Seems to be Dropbox sync related. I use 2 vaults. Happen when I edit / delete data / move data from 1 vault to another / copy data / copy data from 1 vault and I can reproduce it easily since it seems systematic.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

For anyone else reading and having difficulties: first, we apologize for the trouble. We thought we had this fixed in v6.2.2 but it appears there are still some cases that are affected. As a temporary workaround it may help to turn on airplane mode when making changes.

Thanks!

Ben

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

[#QNI-72673-969]

Also seeing this issue. Joined 1Password for Families this morning and the crashes seem to occur when moving/copying items from one vault to another, (have seen this on iOS for iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2). Obviously would like to copy/move quite a number of items from vault to vault as I populate my new Family vault.
    Interestingly, after joining the Family plan on my Mac this morning, all went well, then I fired up 1Password on my Mac (latest version) and it hung straight away. The Mac App is normally rock-solid, (as are all your Apps to be fair)! Not sure if this was related to the issues I am seeing on iOS or just an un-happy coincidence.
    Will keep an eye on this thread.

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

[#QNI-72673-969]

Tried the Airplane mode option and still saw hangs in iOS.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @MortalWombatUK. We've received your report, and it appears Sean is already working with you on it via email. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

ref: QNI-72673-969

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bwoodruff, it was recommended I temporarily switch to iCloud syncing as it seems to be a Dropbox issue. I have done this and all seems OK, (so far)!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that workaround has helped.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.