When I upgraded 1PW4 on my iMac27" @Agilebits.com to 1PW5, some of my previous logins disappeared

Options
zephyrtss
zephyrtss
Community Member

iMac27" with OSX10.11.3 ElCapitan. Previously installed on it was 1PW4. I upgraded @Agilebits.com to 1PW5. After upgrading to 1PW5, some of my previously established logins, passwords, etc. have disappeared from the 1PW5 logins list. IS THERE SOME WAY TO RETRIEVE THOSE OR ARE THEY LOST FOREVER?

Comments

• Hi @zephyrtss,

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. We're going to do our best to get this fixed up.

The first thing I have to ask is whether you were using 1Password 4 from the AgileBits store, or from the App Store. If you were using it from the App Store, then the update should have occurred through the App Store as opposed to downloading it from our website. I can think of scenarios where this could happen if you had been using 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store, but at one point tried the version from our AgileBits Store, then went back to the Mac App Store version. Subsequently downloading 1Password 5 from our website would re-use the older copy of the database. Long story short, let's make sure you stuck with the same source of the app.

The best way to help you through this is for us to get a Diagnostics Report. A Diagnostics Report will give us the lay of the land, and help us understand exactly what's going on. To get us a Diagnostics Report, please follow the instructions on this page. Email it to support+forums@agilebits.com, and include a link to this forum thread so that we can connect the dots. You'll get back a response from our support system nearly instantly with a support ticket id. Please post that ticket id on this forum thread as well as it helps us bounce between the two systems.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• Hi @zephyrtss ,

I believe you mistakenly entered the link to this page here, rather than the ticket Id provided by the BitBot response, please paste that number here so we can find your diagnostics report. Then we should be able to diagnose your issue.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zephyrtss,

No need to post your support ID after all; I've found your email with the Diagnostics Report in our inbox. We'll have a look there and get back to you via email with further assistance. Thank you for sending that, and for your patience with this process. We'll continue to do our best to help you get this sorted. :)
    ref: QBM-19826-456

This discussion has been closed.