6.0.1 crashes instantly. nothing helps

Options
2»

Comments

• Hi @mbernhardt,

Unfortunately it's not safe to have another copy of 1Password anywhere, even on a non-startup disk. I'd recommend that you zip the one on the non-startup disk (I assume it's a backup drive?) and then delete it. This way if you ever need it you'll just need to unzip it, but until then it shouldn't cause you grief. If it's a backup drive that it's on, I have two recommendations for you:

1. Setup an exclusion for 1Password. Almost all backup apps these days have the ability to exclude certain files. You could have it exclude the backup of the 1Password app itself. Your data is kept separately from the app so your data should still be getting backed up.
    2. Unmount backup drives when not in use. Some backup apps have the ability to unmount the backup drive while a backup is not actively taking place. This will reduce the likelihood of anything weird going on.

If you'd like a run-down of why multiple copies of 1Password is an issue, I'm happy to provide one...but for most people this just bores them, so I'll let you decide if you want that information. :)

As for the system.sync.Point issue... it's not fixed in 6.0.2. It'll be fixed in the 6.1 release. The latest betas have it fixed. We're starting to wrap up the development of 6.1 so that we can get that fix and others out to users. I can't give an exact time frame for the release though.

Rick

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

well, it sound like you have the fixes well in hand. I'll wait for 6.1 rather than spend time in between 5.4.3 and that. I'm not missing whatever cool new features are in 6.

• @mbernhardt Sounds good. :) Hopefully it's read for you soon!

• lmslms
    lmslms
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion;

Thanks!

• You're welcome.

Rick

• denniscline
    denniscline
    Community Member
    Options

After updating to version 6.0.2, everything was fine for a while. Recently though, it's crashing upon launch again and I can't get into the main program. Thank God 1Password mini continues to soldier on. Any fixes in the offing? (Running El Capitan.)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @denniscline,

It sounds like the problem you're describing is a bit different than the one from the previous discussion, so I moved your message to another thread which I believe is about the same issue you're running into. I hope you don't mind!

As you already know, the problem is that the main 1Password app won't open and crashes, although 1Password mini still works correctly. Our developers are working on fixing this in an update, and I don't know exactly when that will be available, but fortunately there's a workaround that should help to get it working for you again. Please follow the steps in this post from Rick (from page 1 of this forum thread). Does that help? Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that, thanks! :)

• cclausjuergens
    cclausjuergens
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys,

I have the same problem like the OP DZBo and probably all the others mentioning the insta-crash of the 1Password 6.02 app. I don't have any other copy on my computer or any other external HDD that could corrupt the program, and I also did the workaround. I was finally able to access the main app (mini was working just fine). But still the program is running with flaws. After the workaround I noticed: system.sync.point crash, preview pictures of all my logins missing, missing logins in general, "Problem report for 1Password" question after every single start (never got any reaction either))

I know you guys are probably working on that issue, but I'm kind of losing it after all that time :'(

• MGROEN
    MGROEN
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I have same problem that 1password min crashes contantly on my mac - its vertion 6.02 - is there a solution/update on the way to solve this??

i have totally uninstalled and reinstalled 1password 2 times - but it still crash often :-(

i Have followed guide on your website to uninstall tottally

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cclausjuergens: I'm sorry for the trouble you're having! As Rick mentioned, we have a fix for this in the beta. Please feel free to install the beta so you can get back up and running in the mean time.

• cclausjuergens
    cclausjuergens
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Oh wow, how could I have missed that?! :blush: That works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Now, we typically don't want to push people to use prerelease software, but in cases like this it's definitely preferable to continuing to suffer. :blush:

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Yay!! 6.1 works perfectly!

• Glad to hear it's working!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.