I want to change my master password.

Options
Dutta_1942
Dutta_1942
Community Member

Please help me to change my master password. Because my master password is known to my friends and some of my family members. Thanks./////

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:How to change master password, kb:change-master-password, kb:strong-master-password, kb:forgot-master-password

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Dutta_1942 it's diifficult for us to ensure we give you the correct advice without knowing what version of 1Password your are running and other details of your setup. However, if you have 1P5 or 1P6 just go to 1P >Preferences > Security. The first item on that tab allows you to change your master password.

Be aware that if you sync your 1Password data to a second device once you've changed your master password on your Mac you'll need to open 1Password on your second device first using your old password to allow the master password change to sync. Once you've done that you'll be able to unlock 1Password on your second device using your new master password.

If you need to post again please tell us:

• What version of 1P for Mac you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your OS X version number
    • Whether you sync your 1P data to any other device and if so to what device
    • If relevant, what sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dutta_1942: Indeed, Stephen_C covered a great deal there, but if you have any issues just let us know a bit about your setup so we can give detailed instructions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.