Add 1Password to New computer

Options
web1305
web1305
Community Member

I would have thought this is pretty simple, but I've spent way too long trying to figure out how put 1Password 5 for Mac on a new MacBook Air. I googled "1 Passbook for Mac" and I'm taken to a login for "Teams". I'm not a team.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:add 1Password to a new computer

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @web1305,

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing 1Password on a new Mac!

The latest version of 1Password for Mac is version 6, and that's a free upgrade as long as you previously purchased 1Password 4 or 5.

If you bought a 1Password license from our AgileBits Store, you can download 1Password from our download site. On the other hand, if you bought it from the Mac App Store, you'll need to launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password, and download/install it from the Purchased section.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• web1305
    web1305
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether I purchased 1 Passbook from the AgileBits Store or from the Mac App Store. Whenever I purchased it, I did not realize that keeping track of that information was important. So I have not downloaded the software from your site, followed the directions for syncing with Dropbox, which is where -- a long time ago -- Agilebits recommended I store some important file. I got to the point where your software told me that I have synced 8 minutes ago. However, there are no logins to be found. Did I not wait long enough or is there another problem?

• web1305
    web1305
    Community Member
    Options

Should I conclude from this lack of responsiveness that I purchased your software from the Mac App Store and start over from there?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@web1305 Hi, FYI, this is a support forum, not a chat room. It's likely that the folks at AgileBits will be along soon. Meanwhile, You can tell where you bought 1Password from—with the main 1Password app open—by looking in the 1Password menu. It should say "About 1Password" and when you click on that, a box reveals itself with the necessary info. On the chance that you bought it from the Mac app Store, all you need to do on your new Macbook Air is launch the App Store app, while logged in to the same Apple ID Account that you used to buy 1Password, switch to the "Purchased" tab and click on the Install button next to 1Password. Also note that when 1Password is open you can go to the Help menu to access the Users Guide and FAQ. HTH

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @web1305,

As vplewis mentioned, these are support forums so lack the immediacy that a chat service would offer. We do review every thread and answer (to the best of our abilities) all questions.

vplewis has some information in his post and the first thing we need to do is figure out where you purchased 1Password to resolve the eventual issue of being told your trial as expired.

If you purchased 1Password for Mac via Apple's store then you should find an entry for 1Password in the Purchased tab of the App Store application on your Mac.

If it's possible you purchased directly from us then there is a form at the bottom of our AgileBits Support page titled Can't find your license? and you can submit an email address there. If you purchased a licence using that email address you will receive a copy of it in your inbox. Now I did check our records for a purchase using the email address you use here in the forums but I didn't find anything. All that really says though is it is unlikely you purchased using this email address but you may simply have others or indeed did purchase via the Mac App Store.

We can then start addressing the second issue but it's best to take care of them one at a time.

• lesliezucker
    lesliezucker
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I had an account with all my passwords on my MacBook Pro, but never realized that I also had to have an account, a domain (what is that anyway?), an account key, etc. So when I tried to install 1Password on my new MacBook Air, I ran into trouble, so created a new account. I have the URL, the Account Key and everything but now, I can't access my PREVIOUSLY EXISTING account to populate my NEW account / vault. What to do? Please help!

In case it helps, I purchased my 1Password directly on line, not thru a store. It's 1Password 5 for MAC.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@lesliezucker

You do not need a URL, Account key etc unless you are using a families / teams account which is a new sync option available from AgileBits.

At this point it looks like you may need to contact support for a more one on one conversation. To try and resolve the situation. I would suggest emailing support+forums@agilebits.com

You will receive an email with a ticket number please post that ticket number back here so the staff can connect the dots so to speak.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@mcdonald44

Please see the post above for @lesliezucker and email support directly.

• lesliezucker
    lesliezucker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, just emailed the addy you gave me. Hope to get help quickly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @lesliezucker! We received your email and I see that someone from our team has already replied to that (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: ENG-62647-484

• lesliezucker
    lesliezucker
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@mcdonald44 my email is [removed by AgileBits]
    Will go look for emails now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lesliezucker,

These are public forums and are searchable by Google, so you shouldn't post any personal information here. I removed your email address from your message so it doesn't get harvested by spambots.

We really appreciate your willingness to help other customers! :) Once we've helped you to solve the problem via your email conversation, feel free to share details about the solution here in this forum thread if you'd like to - making sure to leave out any personal information you don't want to share with the whole world, of course. ;)

If for some reason you didn't receive the email response from earlier today, please post something here to let us know. Thanks!

ref: ENG-62647-484

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcdonald44, the suggestion from thightower was not to email lesliezucker directly. Instead, he was suggesting you send us an email here: support+forums@agilebits.com

You've been posting about the same problem in various threads, and unfortunately that actually slows down our ability to help you with that problem, as well as help the customers who start those threads. We've merged many of your posts together in this forum discussion: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/61550

The best & fastest way for you to receive help to solve the issue you've been reporting is to either send us an email at the above address, or reply to only the above forum thread. Once we have all the details together in one place and can concentrate on helping you, I'm sure we'll get this all sorted out quickly. Thanks in advance for your patience, we truly appreciate it! :)

• lesliezucker
    lesliezucker
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG thanks for setting me straight- that was a silly mistake!
    Happy to help the forum once we get this fixed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all, @lesliezucker! :)

This discussion has been closed.