One vault, mismatch sync items on across iOS devices

Options
rstephens99
rstephens99
Community Member

iPad and iPhone sync to same vault. iPad says 246 items. iPhone says 245.

I switched from Dropbox to iCloud syncing and Reset master password, and Now sync to iCloud same vault. STILL mismatches. iPad syncs 246 items, iPhone 245.

Help?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Sync items mismatch

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rstephens99

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble syncing. If you add a new item on the iPad (e.x. a Secure Note) does it appear on the iPhone? How about vice versa?

Have you been able to verify that there is actually an item missing? Have you identified which item?

Ben

• b3i2g1
    b3i2g1
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. 1Password on my iPhone6s says 175 for "Logins" and on my windows 10 machine, syncing with dropbox, it says 137 for "Logins". If I add a new item to one or the other, they sync the new content. I have found SOME of the items on my phone that are not synced, but do not know how to force it to sync. Help please.

iPhone 1Password version 6.2.2 (622006)
    Windows 1Password version 4.6.0.598

• b3i2g1
    b3i2g1
    Community Member
    Options

So...not sure if my problem is fixed, but my vault now seems like the amount of items match up and this is what I did. First thing, I added an additional URL to my "apple" login from my 1Password app on iPhone, because these login was not showing up on my windows machine... Once I edited and updated my login and saved it, it immediately showed up on my computer and instead of having 137 logins, I now had 154 (this is closer to 175 which is what's in my iOS app). Some of my other categories were now closer to having the correct amount of items, such as "Favorites". Then, I found a "Favorite" login that was not on my windows machine but was on my app, so I edited the item and added a note that said "work", then saved it. Now, all of my items in 1Password seem to be synced across the board. How did I go from 137 logins, to 154, to 175 logins by only editing two missing logins???

• Hey @b3i2g1,

Just to let you know we got your diagnostics report, so we will continue the conversation there :)

ref: JIN-75718-725

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    Options

I have been struggling with 1Password the last few days and spent quite some hours.
    I started with two vaults and some other issues.
    Finally worked it out to one vault and no issues, but the I noticed I have the problem as described above > same vault different numbers.

I use:

2 iMacs (one at home + 1 at office) > both on El Capitan 10.11.3
    1 iPhone iOS 9.2.1
    i iPad iOS 9.2.1
    1 MacBook > El Capitan 10.11.3

I have only one file named > 1Password.agilekeychain in my personal dropbox.
    I have only one file named > 1Password.agilekeychain available and that is the one in my personal dropbox (nowhere else can I find a file with same name on my iMacs and Macbook)

All devices are 'instructed' to sync with that specific 1Password.agilekeychain file in my personal Dropbox.

Still I end up with differences.

Question;

(I have a Dutch version of your software so some words I use may not be the words used in your software package with English terms)

If I restore 1Password to a version from let's say a day before - while logged into 1Password6 on one of my iMacs - I presume this changes the 1Password.agilekeychain and therefore the other iMac, iPhone etc. should then resync to that version as well..... ?
    But why then do I have different numbers (and I can see the differences, but no idea why).

Any suggestions from here ...?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @VSM_D,

I'm sorry for the trouble, and the delayed reply. Before we go any further I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: VJJ-24716-229

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Thanks for response. I am in touch with Steve Joyner on some issues including 'unnamed' and .OPVAULT....

We'll see but things do not look good yet.

Rgds Henk.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Henk. I'm confident we'll be able to find a solution for you.

Ben

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

It was not easy - and as I understood a rare issue - but I was impressed by the patience of Steve Joyner from your crew.

Problem solved > case closed. Thanks to Steve and all of you fromAgileBits. All the best with further development of a great product (that has its moments..).

Rgds Henk.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! I'll be sure to pass the kind words along to Steve. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.