Importing 1PIF into 1Password for Teams

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility.

Comments

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

For Step 5 importing, can this be done via the web interface? If so, I couldn’t see how to do it. Or, do we need to install 1Password software on our desktop to do the import? I found 1Password software for Windows but is there a different 1Password for Teams software I should install instead?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @JoelHoward,

The AgileBits folks will come along and better address this, but here's a start:

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/win.html

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Looks like to do this, Windows 10 is required but our machines are at Windows 7. Is there a way to convert our KeePass 2 db to 1Password for Teams with Windows 7?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JoelHoward,

You have a 1PIF, so your conversion part is done.

Now, you're focused on getting the 1PIF imported into any Desktop app. This is where I start to get uncomfortable providing more direction, because of late. I haven't keep up on the recent changes to the Desktop apps.

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

If there is a way we can just import our KeePass 2 data to 1Password for Teams via the web

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

It dropped part of my comment. I meant to say, is there a way we can import our KeePass 2 data into 1Password for Teams via the web interface? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JoelHoward: Unfortunately we do not yet have an app with 1Password Teams/Families support on Windows 7 and 8 yet, and the web interface does not have an import/export feature. The only way currently to migrate local vaults to 1Password Families/Teams is using the Windows 10 or Mac apps. We're working on other solutions, but I can't say for certain when they will be available.

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of brenty you are most welcome JoelHoward. I'm sorry we don't have a better answer quite yet, but we're working hard to deliver on.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.