Any definitive solution for the 'Unnamed' nightmare?

Options
weavermedia
weavermedia
Community Member

I'm running 1P on Mac mini (6.2.1), Macbook Pro (6.2) and iPhone (6.3.1).

I recently fell into the 'Unnamed' mire on all three devices. Seems like this has been a pretty bad problem for us users and, I'm sure, your company.

What is the definitive solution for this issue? I've read the forum posts here about it but they're just a jumbled mess of folks hijacking other people's posts and no firm answers on how t o solve the issue.

FWIW, this happened to me after switching to Opvault format so that I could share a vault with someone with a newer version of 1P that didn't support the old format. Everything was swimming with the old format.

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @weavermedia,

I apologise that nobody has responded until now. I have read reports that restoring a backup will resolve the issue but what I would really prefer we do is have @ag_kevin respond here as he's been trying to resolve the issue and understands it far better than anyone else here. I realise it's a pain being forced to wait for a reply but I'd prefer he says something with some authority rather than me trying to help but not having a solid grasp on the situation. What I will say is everything should be resolvable, as long as we're careful I don't believe anything has resulted in data loss which has to be the primary concern in a situation like this.

• Hi @weavermedia ,

I'm so sorry this issue is happening to you. We're still diagnosing why it happens, but we are getting closer. I can provide instructions below on how to solve the issue as well as a request for some diagnostic information:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, from your Mac and from one of your iOS devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s). :)

Hopefully the report will provide us with a little more information. Thanks very much!

Now, on how to solve the issue. Here is how to do it:

1. Turn off sync on all of your devices.
    2. On one of your Macs, restore from a Backup just before this happened.
    3. Remove the .opvault file from your Dropbox folder.
    4. On your Mac, set up sync again.
    5. After it syncs, set up sync on your other devices again, and wait for them to sync.

If the issue comes back, repeat the steps above, but after step 4, do the following before step 5. These steps are assuming that you have no other 1Password data on these devices other than what you had on your Mac that you already restored.

1. On your other Mac, restore from a backup just before it happened.
    2. On your iPhone, go into 1Password's Settings, tap Advanced, and tap "Erase Data and Settings"

Now carry on to step 5 above to set up sync again.

Thank you so much for reporting this, and again, we are sorry that this happened and are working hard to find the cause.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.