all my password have turned to "unnamed"

Options
flojo78
flojo78
Community Member

I have been using 1password on my mac, macbook, ipad and iPhone for over 3 years without any issues. I am very happy with the performance and reliability of the software. I sync all my vault using Dropbox. Again, no problem there except for the occasional ghost files that seem to always re-appear even after it's deleted. On Thursday night though I experienced a very severe problem with 1Password. After the vault synched on my macbook pro, suddenly every single bears the tittle "unnamed". I make sure I did synch several times, to no avail. Problem persists. To make it worse, it has spread to all my vaults on my other computer and my iPhone and now I have this major issue on all my home, work computers. I send Agile Bits a diagnostic report of my corrupted vault Friday morning but I have not heard from them since.
Any thoughts or ideas are welcome at this point as I don't have a clue what to do. (to make sure I can still use the passwords in the vault they just have lost their name and the login is showing as conflict)
Please help.

1Password Version: 6.
Extension Version: 2.1
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@flojo78 you may find helpful what is suggested in this AgileBits' post.

Stephen

• Hi @flojo78 ,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. We have seen it a few times and are working to get to the bottom of it. We do have a solution for you though. Before I list the solution I do have a question for you. Did you recently switch from the agilekeychain sync format to the opvault sync format? Or if you aren't sure, have you recently adjusted your sync settings?

Here is how to resolve the problem:

1. Turn off sync on all of your devices.
    2. On one of your Macs, restore from a Backup just before this happened.
    3. Remove the .opvault file from your Dropbox folder.
    4. On your Mac, set up sync again.
    5. After it syncs, set up sync on your other devices again, and wait for them to sync.

If the issue comes back, repeat the steps above, but after step 4, do the following before step 5. These steps are assuming that you have no other 1Password data on these devices other than what you had on your Mac that you already restored.

1. On your other Mac, restore from a backup just before it happened.
    2. On your iPhone, go into 1Password's Settings, tap Advanced, and tap "Erase Data and Settings"

Now carry on to step 5 above to set up sync again.

Thank you so much for reporting this, and again, we are sorry that this happened and are working hard to find the cause.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• flojo78
    flojo78
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply Kevin.
    I will do as you suggest and see if this takes care of my problem.
    And yes, I had recently migrated from the agilekeychain sync format to opvault.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know that, @flojo78. That may help us track down the source of this problem.

When you get a chance to try the steps Kevin suggested, please let us know how it goes! We'll be happy to help if you have any other questions or run into any issues along the way. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.