About vaults' descriptions and icons

Options
alvaro87
alvaro87
Community Member

Hello,

I've created several vaults and added the optional description to all of them. But those description don't appear anywhere on 1PF website. Why, then, have we got the option to add a description?

By the way, could we change the "description" for the Personal vault? That phrase: "Only you can view and edit items in this vault." is so impersonal... I would prefer to write something like "My things" or whatever.

And now... the blue outline on the vaults' icons. It's soooo ugly. Why couldn't it be like the family profile image? The outline is too wide.

And one more thing: On 1P for Mac, all my vaults have the custom icon I chose for them but the Personal one has the 1P logo despite I changed it too.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @alvaro87! Thanks for pointing this out. :) You're correct that the description doesn't appear in 1Password.com at the moment. I'm forwarding that feedback to our development team so we can look into what happened. And for the description of the Personal vault, we'll see what we can do to improve that.

And now... the blue outline on the vaults' icons. It's soooo ugly. Why couldn't it be like the family profile image? The outline is too wide.

And one more thing: On 1P for Mac, all my vaults have the custom icon I chose for them but the Personal one has the 1P logo despite I changed it too.

Aww, we like that icon and color. It could be your family portrait if you want it to. Just head to the Admin Console and upload your family portrait as the custom icon. As for your Personal vault icon not displaying in 1Password for Mac, that sounds like a bug. I noticed that mine is also not displaying, so we'll investigate the issue and see what's happening. Thanks for letting us know. :)

ref: B5-1303, B5-1471

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!,

I have no problemas with my family profile imagen but the vaults icons. The blue outline doesn't fit the custom icons I choose for them.

And the overview... Could you add and option to hide it? I don't want to see how many vaults I have shared or the number of members. Concerning the quests... I already conquered all of them. Thank you for congratulating me on that but... Will I see it there forever? :wink:

Regards

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have no problemas with my family profile imagen but the vaults icons. The blue outline doesn't fit the custom icons I choose for them.

Yeah, contrary to what I would like to believe when I put on my favorite denim pants, blue does not go with everything. :) It would be nice if that did not always have to be blue.

Concerning the quests... I already conquered all of them. Thank you for congratulating me on that but... Will I see it there forever? :wink:

Good point, @alvaro87. I feel the same way you do. It would be nice if there was a way to dismiss that.

I've passed this along to the developers as well. :+1:

ref: B5-1200, B5-1486

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, contrary to what I would like to believe when I put on my favorite denim pants, blue does not go with everything. :) It would be nice if that did not always have to be blue.

That's exactly what I think. I even like the idea of choosing just a color to fill the vault icon: blue for my personal vault, green for my job vault...

Doing this could fit the multi-coloured circles icon you have when you enable the option to show all the vaults on 1P app.

Regards.

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks again for the feedback. :+1:

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's exactly what I think. I even like the idea of choosing just a color to fill the vault icon: blue for my personal vault, green for my job vault...

Are you spying on me? Those are the colors I use for my personal and work calendars too. :)

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hahahaha, no I'm not. Indeed, I'm using custom icons/logos for may vaults until you decide what to do with that blue outline. But I promise I'll use the orange color for my work vault (my company's logo is orange).

By the way, I have two more suggestions:

1º. The dropdown menu on 1PF website that shows "Home" and the Vaults, has a limit of characters to show and the name of one of my vaults is cut (with "..."):

Would it be possible to widen that window?

2º. The clock system on 1PF uses AM and PM. But most users are used to the 24 hours system. Could you add an option to let the user choose how he wants the time to be shown? 1P for Mac shows the time fine (using the 24 hours system).

Regards.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@alvaro87,

Also good ideas. Keep them coming!

Here in the States, 24-hour time is definitely not common. I don't believe it is very common in Canada either. But I know it is certainly more common in Europe and elsewhere. I think the Mac app can more easily get the regional preferences from System Preferences > Language & Regional, so the second one may be trickier on the web. But I'll leave that to the devs. ;)
    ref: B5-1507, B5-1508

• ssj152
    ssj152
    Community Member
    Options

I live in the Southeast US and I use 24 hour time everywhere I can. It may have something to do with the 29 years I spent designing embedded systems, and working as a systems programmer - what do you think? I guess that I am - as you said - not common

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I live in the Southeast US and I use 24 hour time everywhere I can. It may have something to do with the 29 years I spent designing embedded systems, and working as a systems programmer - what do you think? I guess that I am - as you said - not common

Haha! Who wants to be common anyway? Normal is boring. :)

I know plenty of folks who prefer 24-hour time. I just meant that it isn't as widespread in society. Even in North America, it is used in the military… and by engineers. ;)

It would be a great thing to see. :+1:

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot something... the name of my family also appears incomplete as you can see on the right top corner of the first screenshot I published. It would be great if the name appeared complete.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@alvaro87,

Yet another perfectly reasonable request. I've noted it as well. Thanks again!

ref: B5-1507

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

I too would like the vault description to be somewhere more prominent - as with only limited sharing granularity its handy to know what goes where - and that description helps remind me (but only seems visible when you edit the vault name)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for pointing that out! My first instinct is to use more descriptive vault names to make this clearer, but I've passed your feedback along to the development team to see what we can do with vault descriptions to make them a little more useful in cases like this :)

ref: B5-1753

This discussion has been closed.