Chrome Extension now a spinning ball

Options

I've always had Safari and Chrome extensions working great.

Now when I click on the 1passowrd thumbnail to initiate 1Password it looks fine but when I select the website from the list the cursor immediately turns into a spinning ball. It fixes itself so it wouldn't be a problem except it takes a matter of minutes to do it. This makes extensions nearly worthless, because I end up needing to open 1Password app and copy and pasting the login information in.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4 (15E65)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome Extension now a spinning ball

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkTT: That sounds incredibly frustrating. I'm sorry of the trouble!

While it's been rare, I've encountered a similar issue myself from time to time, so I can relate! In my case it was clear that my penchant for insane amounts of Safari tabs/windows was to blame, however. Restarting Safari fixed it.

But it sounds like you're also experiencing the same issue in Chrome. Is that correct? Do you perhaps have a similar habit of browser hoarding? If not, it may actually be 1Password mini here, not the browser extensions. I know we've been working on improvements in 6.3. Would you be interested in trying the beta to see if it helps? This can be enabled in 1Password Preferences > Updates. Let me know what you think!

• MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's happening on chrome. I don't have very many extensions, just 4 google ones, yours and one other one.
    I don't think I'll try the Beta because I depend on your product too much at this point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkTT: Not a problem. Thanks for confirming. 6.3 should be available more widely soon and I believe it will help in your case since it appears to be the app itself, so be sure to let us know if the problem persists!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MarkTT,

If you try using the 1Password menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini do you find 1Password becomes more responsive? It's only a workaround until the next version is available but it might offer a reprieve to the pains of this bug in the meanwhile.

• MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Community Member
    Options

I did that and it seems to be working. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of lil bobby, you're welcome! I'm glad that workaround helped! :)

• spwidoff
    spwidoff
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue on chrome browser with latest extension ( 4.5.6.90) and 1password 6 for mac

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spwidoff: As lil bobby mentioned above, we're working on a fix for those who are experiencing this issue, but in the mean time restarting 1Password mini should help. Please let us know!

• spwidoff
    spwidoff
    Community Member
    Options

FIx worked. Just thought you 'd like to know that this is not an isolated problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! Thanks for taking the time. I'm glad to hear that the workaround helped for now. We'll come up with a more permanent solution for your. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.