Password manager and Secure Wallet

Options
Thijs1974
Thijs1974
Community Member

Since this morning I am receiving a login screen from Apple (I think) requesting me to sign in for 1Password? is this correct? I have never seen this before and to be honest I don't trust this.

weblink is : https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebauth/auth2?oauth_token etc................:-1:
What should I do

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.05
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: kb-search:Apple secure

Comments

• Sapphire2016
    Sapphire2016
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Me too, I'm getting this, a new tab is opening every few minutes?? Ggrrrrrr what is causing it please???
    I updated Mac OS yesterday to 10.11.5 and I'm running 1password 6.2.1. Its really annoying its happened 4 times while I wrote this.

• Kroniu
    Kroniu
    Community Member
    Options

Have the same problem :( It's very annoying. Safari keeps opening this page every 20 seconds! Can anyone help us?!

• Inno
    Inno
    Community Member
    Options

Have the same problem (Mac EL Capitan 10.11.15).
    Running 1Password 6.2.1.
    Help! I can't work without opening 1Password.

• Kroniu
    Kroniu
    Community Member
    Options

BTW since we're waiting for a reply the best thing we can do to get rid of this is to lock 1P...

• Sapphire2016
    Sapphire2016
    Community Member
    Options

Quiting 1password doesn't work me and unless I disable password mini also - this is the only way to get any peace at the moment.

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem too. Yesterday I had no problem at all. I quit Safari and tried Google Chrome. When I unlock 1 Password in Chrome, Safari opens with the annoying Apple sin-in window. I hope this gets resolved quick. It is hard for me to use my computer with this annoying apple sign-in window opening up every few seconds

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi all. We believe we know why this is happening. Can any of you let us know if:

1. You're using the Mac App Store or AgileBits store version of 1Password
    2. You're syncing your data via iCloud

That will help us make sure the problem is what we think it is, and how to go forward from here.

• Sapphire2016
    Sapphire2016
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Agilebits store version and yes syncing via iCloud

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello nmott, I bought 1Password from the AgileBits store. I am syncing via iCloud to keep my passwords up to date on my Mac Book air which I have installed 1Password.

This has been in place for quite some time with my IMac & Mac Book Air and I have had no issues with this annoying pop up Apple ID window until this morning. On a whim I did enter my Apple ID and it said signing in and I waited for several seconds and then quit my browser fearing the worse. I then changed my Apple ID password. But since then the annoying sign-in window has stopped. I have no idea what will happen when I shut down my computer for the night or do a restart. Thank you for the prompt reply. I hope this helps in some way.
    John

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

nmott, I led you wrong about syncing 1Password via iCloud. I am syncing via dropbox. I do have iCloud syncing enable to sync another application ( Fantastical 2 ) between my iMac & Mac Book.
    John

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks for the update guys. We've figured out what's causing this problem. The explanation can be found here. Here's the most relevant bit:

I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, but we do have a solution for you. The instructions to do this are:

Open the 1Password application and go to Preferences and click on Sync.
    Select the Primary vault and set Sync to none. Do not check the box to remove data from iCloud when asked. You want to leave it there.
    Set Sync back to iCloud and it will ask you to log in with your Apple ID one more time. This should be the last time, until your login token expires at some point in the future.
    Again, please accept our apologies and let us know if you need assistance with the above instructions.

Please let me know if that solves your problem!

@jmbreitigan Did you enable syncing via iCloud at any point? If you aren't sure, would you mind sending a Diagnostics Report to us?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

Oh boy I am sorry for all this confusion. I just looked in sync in 1Password preferences and iCloud is selected. I did have dropbox selected and I have no idea how it got switched. Right now I am leaving it set to iCloud until you tell me what way is best to use for syncing.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmbreitigan No worries! These things happen. If you've been happy with syncing via iCloud until now, you can continue to do so after you follow the steps I posted above. But if you want to switch to Dropbox, there's no reason not to, so pick whatever works for you 8-)

• Kroniu
    Kroniu
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm :) Thanks nmott for your help!

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi everyone,

Here is the explanation of what is happening, followed by the solution (it's the same as @nmott posted above)

When you set up sync to iCloud, you were asked to log in to iCloud with your AppleID. In return Apple provided 1Password with a "token" so it can continue to log in and sync your 1Password data without asking you to log in each time. These tokens do not have a definitive expiry date, but they can expire. Usually this happens when you change your password or security settings for your AppleID. However, this morning, I too got prompted for login, so it appears Apple has expired many (if not all) of these tokens.

Now, on to the reason for the multiple prompts. What should happen when the token expires is that you simply get prompted for your AppleID once and then it syncs again. Unfortunately, there is a bug where the token is not saved by 1Password after it expires and you get prompted. So every time 1Password tries to sync it prompts you again. This bug has been fixed in an upcoming update to 1Password so this should be the last time you see this. In the future, it will tell you why you are being prompted for your AppleID, and should prompt you only once.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, but we do have a solution for you. The instructions to do this are:

1. Open the 1Password application and go to Preferences and click on Sync.
    2. Select the Primary vault and set Sync to none. Do not check the box to remove data from iCloud when asked. You want to leave it there.
    3. Set Sync back to iCloud and it will ask you to log in with your Apple ID one more time. This should be the last time, until your login token expires at some point in the future.

Again, please accept our apologies and let us know if you need assistance with the above instructions.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Inno
    Inno
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your message.
    When I follow your instructions a 1PW-message pops up saying a vault has been found in iCloud. The primary vault has been edited for the last time on may 17 2016. The vault in iCloud has been edited for the last time on august 8 2015.
    Does that mean no changes has been made during almost a year? Oops! How is this possible?
    I dare not to merge the two vaults afraid of losing vital information.

So I've made a folder on my desktop and made a back up of the primary vault.
    Now I want to remove the vault in iCloud and synchronize again. However I do not know how to remove the vault in iCloud because I cannot check the contents of Apple iCloud (grrrr). I also do not know if I merge which vault is leading. If the primary vault is leading there is no problem because the vault in iCloud will be overwritten I suppose.

Regards,
    Inno

Edit: I see in my iPhone in 1PW that (a lot of) changes have been made since august 2015. Why is 1PW on iCloud saying that no changes have been made since august 2015?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Inno,

I'm not quite sure why it says no changes have been made in iCloud since August 2015, but we can definitely help you get things back to normal. Before doing anything else, just make sure you create a new backup of your data in 1Password for Mac by going to File > Backup. (That will open the Backup preferences and show all your backups, including the new one you just made.)

Once you've done that, there are a couple different options:

One option is to simply re-enable sync with iCloud and choose to merge. That should update the data in iCloud with any changes you've made on your Mac since the last time it synced (and if you've made changes on your iPhone that have synced to iCloud, those changes should also sync from iCloud to your Mac). Nothing will be deleted unless you deleted it yourself. However, if something unexpected happens, you can always restore from your latest backup.

The other option is to reset your 1Password data in iCloud before you re-enable sync. To do that, open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Once the data has been reset, go back to the sync preferences and enable iCloud sync again. It might take a little extra time to copy your vault from your Mac to iCloud. Once it completes that sync, you'll need to re-enable iCloud sync in 1Password on your iPhone as well.

Hopefully it all goes well, but we're here for you if you have more questions about that. :)

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Board, I followed Kevin's instructions yesterday and it worked. After starting my computer up today the annoying Apple sign-in window was back. I again followed Kevin's instructions and the Apple sign-in window is gone. Looks like that token was only good for one day.
    John

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I just e-mailed a diagnostic report as per your instructions. Here is the support ID#: ( ZCU-47627-998 )
    John

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmbreitigan: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZCU-47627-998

• kkrakovych
    kkrakovych
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_kevin and Team,

Thank you for the clarification about the issue took place.

However today I faced with a new request to sign in into Apple account for 1Password to enable iCloud sync. Actually 1Password works normal - only 1 pop up window and login was successful. But only 1 day has passed since I did previous login for iCloud sync. I worry a bit that I will need to do this every day. I will reply if this continue to appears.

Could you please check and comment on how long apple token will live now?

N.B. Just in case - I didn't change anything in my Apple account.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kkrakovych,

That may continue to happen if you are using an older version of 1Password. Can you confirm you are using 1Password 6.3?

• kkrakovych
    kkrakovych
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad,

Yes, I confirm I use 1Password 6.3. I updated the software yesterday.

Best regards,
    Kostyantyn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kkrakovych: Thanks for confirming! I experienced this with my own iCloud account yesterday and today again, and I didn't change anything there either. We're investigating the root cause of this.

• travisres
    travisres
    Community Member
    Options

Adding another to the list - [#ALG-97691-448]
    Running 6.3 (630032)
    Turned off iCloud sync and turned it back on and I've still gotten the session error.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@travisres: Thank you! I've replied via email (as you probably know already), and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of this with. Thanks for your patience!

ref: ALG-97691-448

• 907kathleen
    907kathleen
    Community Member
    Options

when i turn the sync on and off it then asks for my apple id, then, it takes me to "launch application" and wants me to link to 1Password mini. I don't have a mini.......

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@907kathleen: Sorry for the confusion there! "1Password mini" is the part of 1Password that runs in the background so that the menu bar icon and browser extensions work.

But you running into this particular issue in regard to iCloud is unexpected. It sounds like there may be an old version of the app hanging around. Please restart your Mac and try to open 1Password again. That should do the trick.

But if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• htodd
    htodd
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to say "me too" just to try to get notifications if there are updates. (But really, me too, obviously. Lots of people seem to be having this problem.)

• deverman
    deverman
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem with 1password 6.3 it asks me everyday to login.

This discussion has been closed.