Prompted to sign in to my Apple ID for iCloud in my browser (URL: idmsa.apple.com)

Options
124»

Comments

• tribu
    tribu
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Several days that I follow the thread and 6.3 does not quite seem to put things back to normal. Years of hard work waving so long as they fade away...
    I know it's hard to hear and I don't wanna loose 1Password as there is a lot of information in my vault as in million others, but you have to fix this VERY fast or you will loose a LOT of customers.

But I bet you know this and you will do it!

Nevertheless, start with your communication: put it first on your homepage, please! I had to search a while before finding the problem in the forum!

• rkbaker48
    rkbaker48
    Community Member
    Options

Sunday, May 29: the expired token/iCloud login problem continues. Here's hoping that Apple responds soon to Agilebits's inquiry so we can get back to normal.

• Metamorphosys
    Metamorphosys
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem as everyone here. Couple of times a day it says my iCloud session has expired. I put in my ID with 1Password and it says I'm logged in again. I can then go about my business. Not a deal breaker, but annoying to have to go through this every single day, multiple times! I agree with "tribu" about the difficulty of finding this on your page. Since it is an issue many (most?) of you users are experiencing, a quick link on the front page would be a bit of comfort. After experiencing a problem like this, when coming to your page, I am not in the mood to search around more. Because it makes me cranky!

Best of luck in your efforts with Apple.

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member
    Options

Wow still going on here on Sunday afternoon 4:44pm EDT. Guess someone is taking the weekend off. (Apple USA)
    Thanks for listening to your customers . Easier to to find the thread...
    It appears the patience is something in short supply in the 21st century. Sure I don’t like it, but I know you’re working on it.

• Andy_A
    Andy_A
    Community Member
    Options

Same experience as all of the above, I'm a new user and was about to delete "roboform" which I've been using for over 5 years ??!!

• jfnixon
    jfnixon
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'm super frustrated, too. A solution is to switch back to Dropbox, since iCloud isn't ready for prime time unless the app is from the Apple Store.

I have to say that while I understand AgileBits has no control over iCloud, I am very disappointed in the communications from AgileBits. One has to dig around in the Forums to find help, and all we have a vague assurances that AB is talking to Apple. That isn't nearly good enough. This should have a support item of its own on the first Support page, and stop telling us that AB is working with Apple. We know that. Tell us what you know, and give us an estimated time to a fix. If Apple isn't answering the phone, tell us that. If Apple is telling you to drop dead, tell us that. If Apple is saying "we are going to expire every 24 hours going forward" tell us that.

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi all,

First, I wish to apologize that we do not have a solution yet. Please be assured that we're working as fast as we can toward a solution. @jfnixon, I completely understand your frustration here. Bottom line, we don't have all the answers yet. We will post them here as soon as we know. Sometimes it takes some time to figure out the cause and then the solution. I can assure you we have told you everything we know so far, and we will update this post as more information, and a solution become available.

Regards,
    Kevin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. I'm really sorry — and confused – that this is happening myself. I wish we had a solution, or at least more information to share right now...

Just to put things in perspective, I've been using iCloud to sync my data using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for about 9 months — before 1Password 6 was officially released with this feature — because it was important (and exciting!) to test this to make sure it was ready for prime time. Until just this past week, I hadn't encountered any issues there (which was kind of disappointing at first, since part of my job was to find problems with it).

It's certainly frustrating, and I appreciate how patient everyone has been while we investigate this issue. :blush:

• tribu
    tribu
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, still the same disorder.

Could you please state whether working with Dropbox will get us back to normal, while waiting for a fix?!?

Thank you.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tribu,

I'm sorry that this keeps on being a problem, we're doing everything we can to fix it. The issue is isolated to iCloud so syncing with Dropbox would definitely solve it right away. You can find the instruction on how to change your syncing method here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#sync-it-yourself-with-icloud-or-dropbox

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• tribu
    tribu
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the fast answer!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that we’ve created an announcement thread that will be pinned to the top of this category until this issue is resolved.

Any updates that we receive will be shared there.

Thanks so much for your patience as we investigate. :)

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

The spinner problem appears to have resolved itself. Apple must be on the ball, at least as far as their webpages go. But the expired token appears to have occurred again today. Do you have any leverage with Apple, maybe even begging, to get them to fix the token problem?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RickCunn, our developers have definitely contacted Apple for more information about this, so hopefully they'll be able to help solve this mystery. Once we know more about what's going on, we'll update the announcement thread that Megan mentioned above.

• loulesko
    loulesko
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @RickCunn,

Is it accurate to assume that as soon as the token expires 1Password ceases to sync until I reenter my iCloud password? Does that imperil my data at all?

Thanks
    Lou

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @loulesko,

Is it accurate to assume that as soon as the token expires 1Password ceases to sync until I reenter my iCloud password?

That's correct - the token is what allows 1Password to sync with your iCloud account, so 1Password will stop syncing with iCloud as soon as the token expires.

Does that imperil my data at all?

No, not at all! It's basically the same as going to your 1Password sync settings and disabling the sync yourself. Your data is stored locally on your Mac, and that local data is what you see when you open the main 1Password app. The data in iCloud is just a copy (encrypted, of course) of your Primary vault and is only used for syncing purposes. 1Password will continue to work correctly on your Mac when sync is disabled. When you re-enable sync with iCloud (in this case, by signing into your Apple ID when prompted), 1Password will simply resume syncing.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. :)

• loulesko
    loulesko
    Community Member
    Options

Groovy, thanks for the quick reply.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• firefly55
    firefly55
    Community Member
    Options

This is now happening to me every time I log in which is more frequently than every hour and I have tried doing the fix you suggested without success.

• rkbaker48
    rkbaker48
    Community Member
    Options

At this point, I have moved back to Dropbox for my syncing. Assuming that Agilebits and Apple come to a meeting of the minds about what is causing this problem—and a solution—I'd like to move back to iCloud. I hope that Agilebits staff will continue to post and provide updates on this issue. Thanks!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We will be letting everyone know more as soon as we do. Our apologies again for the frustration. :(

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member
    Options

@rkbaker48, why would you move back to iCloud? Beyond solving this specific issue what are the reasons for choosing one cloud provider over another? I'm about to switch to Dropbox because this daily expiring token is annoying but once I'm there why not just stay there?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@melvynadam: I don't mean to speak for rkbaker48, but iCloud, when we're not having to keep logging in, is just a dead-simple, it-just-works sync method most of the time. As a nerd, I love the power and flexibility of Dropbox, but it's certainly a bit more work to setup and manage on multiple devices. Where Dropbox has the technical advantage, iCloud has slick integration on Apple devices -- current issues notwithstanding. :lol:

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so iCloud brings the "it just works" dream (which currently Dropbox could mock as fantasy). But I'm using 1P on Macbook, iPhone, and iPad, I just took the three minutes to switch to Dropbox and now, having done so, even if/when the iCloud fix comes from Apple why would I switch back?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@melvynadam: Ha! A fair point. Ultimately only you can determine that for yourself, and if you can't think of a reason, there probably isn't one. ;)

• rkbaker48
    rkbaker48
    Community Member
    Options

I had wanted to sync 1Password using iCloud because there was a time when the method of encryption using iCloud was stronger than it was using Dropbox. I actually can't find any evidence that this is still the case. The other reason was that my Dropbox account is a free account and my space is limited there, whereas I have plenty of space in iCloud.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for explaining your thinking, I'm sure it will help people understand why someone might wish to sync via iCloud over Dropbox :)

• chrlswtt
    chrlswtt
    Community Member
    Options

The problem appeared like a thief in the night and it exited (for me), the same way. Since there were no updates to 1Password, was the problem totally an "Apple Thing"? Just curious.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrlswtt: Apple was able to help out on their end, and we're also working with them to see if there's anything we can improve with 1Password to avoid issues like this in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.